Thread: HWM Sports

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Name:  _MG_0226.JPG
Views: 2569
Size:  46.7 KB
    Photo:Wayne Collins
    Thanks Beowulf for that very helpful information. It adds more detail to the picture of the car's history. I didn't think to ask John Donnelly if he'd ever raced it with the Continental engine but the record of the March '64 Levin meeting shows that he did. The entry of R. Haskett in a 2000cc HWM at the 1963 Vic Hudson meeting is intriguing and probably a red herring.
    Thanks also to bry3500 for directing me to the Yards and Yarns thread. I am familiar with that thread but I'm looking for more information, preferably first-hand, to try and resolve some of the anomalies and contradictions in the written records. For example, David McKinney has said Peter Haskett bought the car from the Averys and sold it to John Donnelly. Graham Vercoe has P.Haskett driving it during the Averys' ownership but makes no mention of him owning it. Ken Smith doesn't think Peter Haskett ever owned it and John Donnelly says he bought it from Johnny Riley so the chain of ownership is far from clear. I'd love to contact either P. or R. Haskett if they are still around to clarify this point. I've uploaded a photo of the car taken about six weeks ago which might cheer up AMCO72 who so deplored its descent into scruffiness fifty years ago.
    Last edited by alwylie; 07-29-2015 at 10:14 AM. Reason: add photo credit