SPR Models
Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 805

Thread: Austin-Healey’s and the Austin Healey Car Club of NZ and Others

  1. #781
    World Champion Roger Dowding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Omokoroa Beach Bay of Plenty NZ
    Posts
    2,170

    NOJ393 SPL and AHS3610 both 100S and an ordinary 100.

    " Warren Country Club Chelmsford UK May 3rd 2013
    Marco Trevisan, Steve & Helen Pike, Dani Schlatter
    NOJ393 first public reappearance after restoration.
    photo complements Joe Jarick ESQ. "
    Comments by Steve Pike - who was involved with the restoration.

    Name:  AH 100S #82 NOJ393 Warren Country Club Chelmsford UK May 3rd 2013 Steve Pike .jpg
Views: 196
Size:  165.6 KB

    AHS3610 - another restoration - photo from Steve Pike.

    Name:  AH 100S #81 B 100S AHS3610 Steve Pike photo  (800x600).jpg
Views: 195
Size:  151.0 KB

    Not a 100S just a photo of my 100 after some repainting - sitting the garage with a couple of very different Mates a T-Bucket [ Chev powered ] and our MGB GT - the T was owned by our son back in 1990/91, was a dog to drive, was built for drag racing so not a road friendly car .

    Name:  AH 100 #97 B LX100 1991 w Tbucket MGB  (800x549).jpg
Views: 195
Size:  156.1 KB

    Have uncovered some photo's I had forgotten about - so my own archives growing again.

  2. #782
    World Champion Roger Dowding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Omokoroa Beach Bay of Plenty NZ
    Posts
    2,170

    Nash Healeys at the 1953 Le Mans race.

    Not just " Nash Healeys at the 1953 Le Mans race. " but 100's too
    1953 would be the first year for Austin Healey, but Donald Healey's team had been there well before that.

    Name:  AH 100 #193 Nash Healeys and 100's 1953 Le Mans race K Stelk archives .jpg
Views: 171
Size:  129.3 KB

    The Nash Healey's were considered a USA entry while the A-H 100's were from Great Britain.

    Leslie Johnson and H L Hadley came 11th in the Nash Healey Race #11
    The car also won a Biennial Cup having competed the race two years running
    The other Nash Healey only complete 3 hours. Veyron and G Cabantous

    Maurice Gatsonides and Johnny Locket came 12th in the Austin Healey #34
    A - H #33 was in 14th Place. driven by Marcel Bequart and Gordon Wilkins - better known as Motoring Writer

    a link to the results

    " https://www.racingsportscars.com/res...953-06-14.html "

  3. #783
    World Champion Roger Dowding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Omokoroa Beach Bay of Plenty NZ
    Posts
    2,170

    Nash Healey's and Austin Healey's Le Mans 1953

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dowding View Post
    Not just " Nash Healeys at the 1953 Le Mans race. " but 100's too
    1953 would be the first year for Austin Healey, but Donald Healey's team had been there well before that.

    Name:  AH 100 #193 Nash Healeys and 100's 1953 Le Mans race K Stelk archives .jpg
Views: 171
Size:  129.3 KB

    The Nash Healey's were considered a USA entry while the A-H 100's were from Great Britain.

    Leslie Johnson and H L Hadley came 11th in the Nash Healey Race #11
    The car also won a Biennial Cup having competed the race two years running
    The other Nash Healey only complete 3 hours. Veyron and G Cabantous

    Maurice Gatsonides and Johnny Locket came 12th in the Austin Healey #34
    A - H #33 was in 14th Place. driven by Marcel Bequart and Gordon Wilkins - better known as Motoring Writer

    a link to the results

    " https://www.racingsportscars.com/res...953-06-14.html "
    A couple more photos of the cars from Le Mans 1953

    Thanks to Karsten Stelk Clas Askelar and Chris Dimmock

    Name:  AH 100 #194 Nash Healey race #10 1953 Le Mans race K Stelk archives .jpg
Views: 163
Size:  153.1 KB

    Name:  AH 100 #1954 Nash Healey race #10 1953 Le Mans race Clas Askelar archives .jpg
Views: 168
Size:  71.5 KB

    Name:  AH 100 #196 Nash Healey race #10 and #11 1953 Le Mans race Chris Dimmock archives .jpg
Views: 156
Size:  12.8 KB

  4. #784
    From The Autocar's report of the 1954 London Motor Show.

    Name:  IMG_9294 (2).JPG
Views: 145
Size:  165.1 KB

    Name:  IMG_9296 (2).JPG
Views: 143
Size:  174.0 KB

  5. #785
    A report from The Autocar on the first six 100S cars to come off the production line.

    Name:  IMG_9290 (2).JPG
Views: 143
Size:  169.1 KB

    Name:  IMG_9292 (2).JPG
Views: 145
Size:  143.8 KB
    Last edited by Milan Fistonic; 07-05-2019 at 11:10 AM.

  6. #786
    World Champion Roger Dowding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Omokoroa Beach Bay of Plenty NZ
    Posts
    2,170
    Milan ; Thanks for the 100S information ..
    I used to buy " The Autocar " with my pocket money while at High School 1964 / 65. kept buying them once I started work for many years.
    A great Magazine back then.

  7. #787
    World Champion Roger Dowding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Omokoroa Beach Bay of Plenty NZ
    Posts
    2,170

    Nash Healey - the 1952 Indianapolis Pace Car

    Healey's raced at Le Mans - starting with the Silverstone, then Nash Healey's followed by the 100 -four and by 1955 the 100S to the 3000 in 1960 then some Specials Sprites and the XR cars.

    This is a Pace Car not a Race Car.
    Car has a New York State Registration Plate and it is believed the Race Meeting - first photo - could be Bridgehampton NY State.
    Photo from " Healey Museum " archives - their Facebook page
    Name:  AH 100 #176 Nash Healey Pace Car Indy 1952 New York Reg at a Race Meeting 1952 .jpg
Views: 138
Size:  101.5 KB

    This the Second photo was for sale on EBay at USD 9.75 - it did not sell and was relisted ??

    Name:  AH 100 #175 Nash Healey Pace Car Indy 1952 New York Reg .jpg
Views: 148
Size:  91.7 KB

  8. #788
    I'd reckon a Nash Healey would be a good thing to play with...

    Any details of the makeup of the suspension etc?

  9. #789
    I had a bit of a look online and I'm not so interested any more...

    The front suspension is Healey's trailing arm (as on Silverstone etc), which doesn't sit well with me. The rear is okay, a coil spring version of the torque tube arrangement from a Nash with a Panhard bar. Healey made a special head for the engine in alloy, but the power wasn't magnificent.

  10. #790
    World Champion Roger Dowding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Omokoroa Beach Bay of Plenty NZ
    Posts
    2,170

    Nash Healey - suspension and why they happened.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell View Post
    I had a bit of a look online and I'm not so interested any more...

    The front suspension is Healey's trailing arm (as on Silverstone etc), which doesn't sit well with me. The rear is okay, a coil spring version of the torque tube arrangement from a Nash with a Panhard bar. Healey made a special head for the engine in alloy, but the power wasn't magnificent.
    Ray, thanks for the comments - believe that the " Healey " front suspension was rather complicated and expensive, no wonder they used a more basic but good handling set up on the Healey 100, that became the Austin Healey 100 - was modified over time to use on the 100 Six and 3000 apart from better Brakes [ Disc ] on later cars nothing much changed.

    The suspension - edit from Wikipaedia.
    " The chassis was a widened and reinforced Healey Silverstone box-section ladder-type steel frame. Independent front suspension, also Healey Silverstone, was by coil springs, trailing link, and a sway bar. The rear suspension featured Nash's rear end and coil springs replaced the Silverstone’s leaf springs, while the beam axle was located by Panhard rod. "

    Classic and Sportcar article states " With rumours that his supply of Riley engines was about to dry up, Healey had been on his way to Detroit to shop for the new overhead-valve Cadillac V8; when it wasn’t forthcoming (Cadillac couldn’t spare any), Mason’s offer of the rugged 3.8-litre Nash ‘Dual Jetfire’ straight-six began to look like a good deal.

    Special high-compression, 125bhp versions of this seven-bearing, overhead-valve unit – complete with three-speed overdrive gearboxes – were shipped to England, six at a time, in giant packing cases. All the Donald Healey Motor Co had to do was fit twin SU carburettors, which helped to get a lower bonnet line.

    It was then installed into a suitably modified Healey Silverstone box-section chassis, with trademark coil spring and cast-alloy trailing-link front suspension and a new coil-sprung rear end. Nash supplied the propshaft, torque tube, rear axle, wheels and ‘Weather eye’ heater, plus various items of instrumentation and trim. "

    A 1950 Model for sale - doesn't seem right as production was 1951 - 54. so maybe they mean a 1950's model.

    Name:  AH 100 #197 1950 Nash Healey for sale .jpg
Views: 127
Size:  77.7 KB


  11. #791
    You need some of this bloke's work on this thread!


  12. #792
    The trailing arm was a very rare alloy, pretty much unobtanium now. As told to me by the Healey family it was "pistominium"

  13. #793
    Probably the same as the pistons as portrayed in the beginning of The World's Fastest Indian...

  14. #794
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dowding View Post
    Ray, thanks for the comments - believe that the " Healey " front suspension was rather complicated and expensive, no wonder they used a more basic but good handling set up on the Healey 100, that became the Austin Healey 100 - was modified over time to use on the 100 Six and 3000 apart from better Brakes [ Disc ] on later cars nothing much changed.

    The suspension - edit from Wikipaedia.
    " The chassis was a widened and reinforced Healey Silverstone box-section ladder-type steel frame. Independent front suspension, also Healey Silverstone, was by coil springs, trailing link, and a sway bar. The rear suspension featured Nash's rear end and coil springs replaced the Silverstone’s leaf springs, while the beam axle was located by Panhard rod. "

    Classic and Sportcar article states " With rumours that his supply of Riley engines was about to dry up, Healey had been on his way to Detroit to shop for the new overhead-valve Cadillac V8; when it wasn’t forthcoming (Cadillac couldn’t spare any), Mason’s offer of the rugged 3.8-litre Nash ‘Dual Jetfire’ straight-six began to look like a good deal.

    Special high-compression, 125bhp versions of this seven-bearing, overhead-valve unit – complete with three-speed overdrive gearboxes – were shipped to England, six at a time, in giant packing cases. All the Donald Healey Motor Co had to do was fit twin SU carburettors, which helped to get a lower bonnet line.

    It was then installed into a suitably modified Healey Silverstone box-section chassis, with trademark coil spring and cast-alloy trailing-link front suspension and a new coil-sprung rear end. Nash supplied the propshaft, torque tube, rear axle, wheels and ‘Weather eye’ heater, plus various items of instrumentation and trim. "

    A 1950 Model for sale - doesn't seem right as production was 1951 - 54. so maybe they mean a 1950's model.

    Name:  AH 100 #197 1950 Nash Healey for sale .jpg
Views: 127
Size:  77.7 KB

    At last, a Healey that is pleasing to my eyes....

  15. #795
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell View Post
    Probably the same as the pistons as portrayed in the beginning of The World's Fastest Indian...
    Merlin pistons are a tad hard to find for raw material these days.

  16. #796
    Ford and Chevrolet aren't...

  17. #797
    World Champion Roger Dowding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Omokoroa Beach Bay of Plenty NZ
    Posts
    2,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell View Post
    You need some of this bloke's work on this thread!

    Love it Ray, have been reading a bit about the Rally and the trip across Australia. A huge drive for " old-er " cars

  18. #798
    I was referring purely to Rod's work with the cartoons...

    There are other Healey cartoons he's done.

  19. #799
    World Champion Roger Dowding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Omokoroa Beach Bay of Plenty NZ
    Posts
    2,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell View Post
    I was referring purely to Rod's work with the cartoons...

    " There are other Healey cartoons he's done."
    Please post them on here Ray..

  20. #800
    Unfortunately many of them have disappeared due to web-hosts changes etc. And others have great 'Photobucket' shadows over them.

    But I have asked Rod if he can post them here. He is a Healey owner.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •