Quote Originally Posted by stubuchanan View Post
Being picky, I know, but the "Laser" is actually a Mazda 323 2-door hatchback - same mechanicals but slightly different body treatment. I had a Ford Laser from late '80's till its demise in early 2000's, but can't find a photo of it, surprisingly - a good knockaround shopping car and motor still ran like clockwork till the end. Laser was a 4-door hatch with quarter-window in rear pillar.

Stu
Not " picky " Stu B, - gave it a " boys look " probably remember Lasers being it that colour - they would be the first of the front wheel drive 323's / Lasers -
My Uncle had the last of the rear wheel drive 323 Station Wagons for a while - his " take to Waiheke " Car that the family often used to go there - save wear and tear on the Daily Drivers.

At one time [ 1979 ] a guy had a RWD 323 of that earlier era that had a 13B Rotary in it ..looked very standard until the
" Wop,wop,wop "
as it sat on the start line at Pekanui Road, near Pirongia - then it was gone .... Was there in my TR4A .. must look up some details as John Climo has sent me a spreadsheet with many of the Competitors in the series of Bardahl Hill Climbs for the 1979 /80 season.