The Book, by Donald Healey with Peter Garnier and Donald's son Brian " Bic " Healey was published in 1989 and I bought a copy back about then, to accompany my three Geoffrey Healey books on the marque, and a book written by Donald Healey and Tommy Wisdom in 1959 published in 1960 entitled " The Austin - Healey ".
Have started reading the book, as only ever got it out to ' research ' information from time to time.. I see the book for sale in new condition on Amazon.com for USD99 .. Publication price in 1989 was GBP 14.95 .. so guess it is worth a bit now. second hand copies around USD 50.00.

The book is an interesting read after all these years, and the parts that are Donald's own words or as approved by him are in an old fashioned style.. an editorial comment for the book

" This is the life story of a remarkable man. Creator of many famous sports cars, including the Austin-Healeys and the pre-war Triumph Dolomite, Donald Healey was equally successful as a rally driver, winning the Monte Carlo and competing in the Mille Miglia. He also established a world speed record for production cars, driving a streamlined version of one of his own Austin-Healeys. With the help of Donald's son, Brian, Peter Garnier, for many years a close friend of the Healeys, provides a fascinating account of a long and varied life. "

Sadly Donald Healey passed away, aged 89, in 1988 before the book was finished, that was left to Peter and Brian

Name:  AH Donald Healey My World of Cars Biography.jpg
Views: 663
Size:  47.8 KB

Met the Healey family at Snowmass in Colorado in July 1982 at the "30th Anniversary of the Austin - Healey ".

Here I am with other Kiwi's, don't really dig those shorts these days !!

Name:  Healey trip 1982 #155 A  Snowmass arcticle p1, M Donaldson v2 CCI13072016 (2) (700x594).jpg
Views: 721
Size:  178.1 KB

To the purist's out there, I have included the hypen - in Austin - Healey