Thread: Austin-Healey’s and the Austin Healey Car Club of NZ and Others

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dowding View Post
    Probably needed them with the Ruddspeed modifications - would have made a great tow car for a Sprite/Midget Racer .. Good spotting Ray - hadn't really looked at the picture properly ..
    Bit of a Mess -early Ford Laser beside it what date would the photo be ?

Have now !
    Name:  AH 3000 #249 Ruddspeed - 4000 Montage the A95 wreck Myles Hicks .jpg
Views: 1009
Size:  88.4 KB

I know BMC used the Westminster A105 and A110 wagons as support vehicle for the BMC Rally Team Mini's MGA's B's and Big Healey's in the 1960's
    Being picky, I know, but the "Laser" is actually a Mazda 323 2-door hatchback - same mechanicals but slightly different body treatment. I had a Ford Laser from late '80's till its demise in early 2000's, but can't find a photo of it, surprisingly - a good knockaround shopping car and motor still ran like clockwork till the end. Laser was a 4-door hatch with quarter-window in rear pillar.

Stu

Quote Originally Posted by stubuchanan View Post
    Being picky, I know, but the "Laser" is actually a Mazda 323 2-door hatchback - same mechanicals but slightly different body treatment. I had a Ford Laser from late '80's till its demise in early 2000's, but can't find a photo of it, surprisingly - a good knockaround shopping car and motor still ran like clockwork till the end. Laser was a 4-door hatch with quarter-window in rear pillar.

Stu
    Not " picky " Stu B, - gave it a " boys look " probably remember Lasers being it that colour - they would be the first of the front wheel drive 323's / Lasers -
    My Uncle had the last of the rear wheel drive 323 Station Wagons for a while - his " take to Waiheke " Car that the family often used to go there - save wear and tear on the Daily Drivers.

At one time [ 1979 ] a guy had a RWD 323 of that earlier era that had a 13B Rotary in it ..looked very standard until the
    " Wop,wop,wop "
    as it sat on the start line at Pekanui Road, near Pirongia - then it was gone .... Was there in my TR4A .. must look up some details as John Climo has sent me a spreadsheet with many of the Competitors in the series of Bardahl Hill Climbs for the 1979 /80 season.

Ruddspeed Healey that became the 4000.

Been busy going through Myle Hicks stuff - his writings and photos which is helping to get it in sequence.
    A guy called Russel Leathers had the car originally a 1959 BN7 - so an early 3000 and ran it at Ardmore for a couple of years then at Pukekohe, Chamberlain Road and elsewhere .. The montage of photos are when Gavin and Myles bought both the AH and the Austin - Myles notes last warrant on the Healey in 1970 - see an NSCC Scrutineers sticker in the Montage too !!

More to come and must check through my Ardmore stuff - may have the entry details of the car 1960 - 1962 there.

Mcloughlins must have bought it 1964 - have a photo of it at Pukekohe with a permanent plate BN2253.

Photo of when it went to the Hicks - on the trailer - from the Montage of Four photos..

Name:  AH 3000 #253 Ruddspeed - 4000 Montage #2 4 photos sticker Myles Hicks  (800x598) (2).jpg
Views: 831
Size:  50.1 KB

The stickers NSCC and Shell meetings

Name:  AH 3000 #267 Ruddspeed 4000 and A95 scrutineering stickers Montage Myles Hicks  (2).jpg
Views: 808
Size:  81.6 KB