Thread: Austin-Healey’s and the Austin Healey Car Club of NZ and Others

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

AHCCNZ events - 1981 National Rally at Rotorua - Ross Cammick pictures

Have had the first photo here from Ross Cammick for some time and was unsure where it was from Ross has now told me it was the 1981 Rally at Rotorua, at Easter. I borrowed [ swapped cars ] with my Ex and took her Sprite.

Name:  AHCCNZ events #157 1981 Rotorua Rally Stop on Drive (3) v2, Ross Cammick (800x533).jpg
Views: 1286
Size:  143.2 KB

another view of the cars, Cameron Mackay and myself looking, I think Brad Chibnall with cigarette in mouth, the lady unsure.
    ** Car closest is Bryan and Brenda Harris - have recently got back in contact with them - part of the 1982 Healey Group to the USA
    Name:  AHCCNZ events #158 1981 Rotorua Rally - Ross Cammick photo #2, Cameron and Roger looking .jpg
Views: 1264
Size:  98.5 KB

The Sprite [ seen at Napier in 1984 with its new owners ] on the Gymkhana course looks fairly mucky, lots of loose grass and so low to the ground.

Name:  AHCCNZ events #159 1981 Rotorua Rally #3, The Sprite - Roger driving  Ross Cammick 13310562_1775.jpg
Views: 1241
Size:  103.1 KB

Must get Ross to find some more photos from the Rally, I don't seem to have any !! .

As an aside there was a small gathering of cars on Bribie Island today in conjunction with the " Old Boats Day " that the local yacht club runs and in the lineup a 1965 Sprite that was a bit scruffy but goes well, took a couple of photos and will post later on.
    Last edited by Roger Dowding; 02-11-2019 at 11:38 PM. Reason: ** B and B Harris 100 ..####47