Thread: Austin-Healey’s and the Austin Healey Car Club of NZ and Others

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Interesting! As I arrived in NZ January 1983, this was one of the first events I ever attended in NZ. I was at a small meeting today and no less than three of those in that entry list were there - and had he not been at Laguna Seca, there would have been 4.

The sad thing is that as many of these older cars have increased in value, it is now too risky to race them - notwithstanding rules regarding roll cages etc.

Part of a golden age when they could round up so many Morgans, Austin Healeys and Daimler SP250s.

When TACCOC took over the Le Mans, I remember Marsden Robinson's hilarious team manager's meeting. At that meeting, we were miffed that our team of MG's all had steel wheels and 4 wheel nuts whereas the other MG team had wire wheels and could do the compulsory pit stop and wheel change so much quicker! Lots of fun though.

Frank Karl's Healey has been green for a few years now and we had some great dices at the McLaren Festival, somewhere near the tail end of the Sports GT grid.
    Last edited by ERC; 08-19-2015 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
    Interesting! As I arrived in NZ January 1983, this was one of the first events I ever attended in NZ. I was at a small meeting today and no less than three of those in that entry list were there - and had he not been at Laguna Seca, there would have been 4.

The sad thing is that as many of these older cars have increased in value, it is now too risky to race them - notwithstanding rules regarding roll cages etc.

Part of a golden age when they could round up so many Morgans, Austin Healeys and Daimler SP250s.

When TACCOC took over the Le Mans, I remember Marsden Robinson's hilarious team manager's meeting. At that meeting, we were miffed that our team of MG's all had steel wheels and 4 wheel nuts whereas the other MG team had wire wheels and could do the compulsory pit stop and wheel change so much quicker! Lots of fun though.

Frank Karl's Healey has been green for a few years now and we had some great dices at the McLaren Festival, somewhere near the tail end of the Sports GT grid.
    ERC, I know what you mean, my 100/4 # 73 had been modified and ran Hotwire Mag wheels, 4 stud, so the same slow wheel change. for the Plug change we all had fitted under the bonnet a bracket that had a " Spark Plug " in a threaded mounting, so you didn't break a plug on the car. Rules are a guideline, i am sure.. use of lower case i. OK. ..

Frank's Healey, ran at Ohakea Reunion, was there, way back when, thinking 1982 !, he at one time ran a F5000, that was a recreation by Race R/X, Andy Culpin.
    Last edited by Roger Dowding; 11-11-2019 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dowding View Post
    Frank's Healey, ran at Ohakea Reunion, was there, way back when, thinking 1981, he at one time ran a F5000, that was a recreation by Race R/X, Andy Culpin.
    The RFX5000.