Thread: Austin-Healey’s and the Austin Healey Car Club of NZ and Others

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The John Crook Austin Healey 100 - a 1954 model BN1

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dowding View Post
    On the bookshelves and I dithered so need to search harder, may even have to ask Alan Walton or Allan Dick for a copy.
    However, visiting friends today who are staying at some other friends house I saw the car that features in the magazine.

Name:  NZ classicdriver-73-large-500x687.jpg
Views: 989
Size:  92.7 KB

Name:  NZ Classic Driver Healey 100 issue 73 --700x441.jpg
Views: 962
Size:  99.0 KB

Took a couple of photos which will download later, It sits next a 1970 Alfa Romeo GTV a type 105, for Spgeti.
    Was a bit torn as to which I wanted. Healey like I had or the Alfa which I lusted after.

Photos from the magazine - article by Alan Walton Editor
    Met John Crook and his wife Lee, who own the featured Austin Healey and told him I had taken photos of the car.
    The occasion was a service for a mutual friend who had passed away, just before New Year, my mate Rex Harris, who had shown me the car that day in 2017.
    John is building a large garage to house the AH, the GTV, a recently acquired 1967 Mini-Cooper S, and others. The Healey has been inactive for some time.

I did find Issue #73 of Classic Driver, one of four issues in the last few years to feature Austin Healeys
    Issue #60, The Peter Riley works car
    Issue #63 the Healey Corvette,
    Issue #70 The Lost 100S,
    and this one issue #73.

There is an early issue with an article on Graham Pierce, who owned " The Lost 100S " after Ross Jensen.
    Probably there are other A - H article that I have missed,while across the ditch 2009 - 2017.
    More searching to be done..
    Last edited by Roger Dowding; 01-14-2020 at 12:00 AM. Reason: more info #### 47