Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Hirst View Post
They where a pretty reliable truck engine in there day, only the odd burnt valve [typical of that head design] but not many other problems, would never think you would be able to get a lot of performance out of one though, the McLouclan brothers were in the TVCC, around the same time as I was.
Kevin, Hi,
I remember we [ teams of cars from Northern Sports car Club ] used to compete in Trials run by Thames Valley Car Club, as part of the Mercury Trophy series in the mid 1970's.
The mention of Thames - do you know Lloyd Gleeson ?, a Thames Boy who now lives in New Plymouth, he still has his Morgan Plus 4 that he bought new in the UK around 1970. he is a good mate of my Neighbour in Omokoroa, also a Thames Boy, named John Mitchinson - John and I went to Pukekohe for one day of the " Supercars " recently.

Ray Bell
The A125 / A135 Motor - yes, believe that it was a version of the A70 A90 AH 100 motor - which was a Truck motor of around 3 1/4 to 3 and 1/2 litres [ the A70/90 was the same block just cut down to a 4 cylinder - good stuff and thanks.

Myles Hicks is going to find some photos of the AH 3000 / 4000 and send them to me.
- watch this space.