Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are apostrophes important?

As I was the one who mentioned a couple of typos, I must apologize that it has become such an issue, and it was not apostrophes (yes they do bug me but I don't bring it up). I loved the articles and all I commented was that it was such a set of great articles that corrected it would be even better.
    As the topic has gone pretty much off topic, and my love is NZ specials, perhaps the few really neat posts relating to them could be moved? Steve?
    I would love to know where Roger's special now is!

Sorry folks, I've been down and out with the flu all week so didn't get to pounce on this as early as I should have. There were some unrelated posts in this thread, and given the content of them, I have decided to move them to another thread. I should say a big Thank You to those who added the unrelated posts, as it has allowed me to resurrect an excellent old thread we have here called Yards And Yarns, which basically relates to stories of interest, cars of interest etc, that don't necessarily warrant their own thread.

I have posted the link below to Yards and Yarns, but feel free to go right back through the thread. Lots of good stories in there.

Your stories can be found halfway down this page: http://www.theroaringseason.com/show...d-Yarns/page29

Steve, shouldn't posts 18,19 & 20 have been moved as well, they are not relevant to what remains?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post

I'll bring those three threads together as one today Terry. Good work!
    Steve, any update on this?

Quote Originally Posted by alwylie View Post
    As a self confessed nitpicker and compulsive corrector i try to suspend these tendency's when reading forum's like the roaring season. Not everyone has an eye for correct punctuation but some who dont still have good story's to tell and i wouldnt want to see them deterred by critical pedant's. Stalk me if you dare gd66
    Very clever alwylie! How the hell did you manage to squeeze in nineteen intentional errors into one paragraph, and still make it understandable? But I guess that is the purpose of your post. Your point is proved.

Oh I'm so tempted to correct those intentional errors, however I do recognise satire when I see it.
    Last edited by John B; 09-16-2015 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dowding View Post
    alwylie -- shoudn't the " i ",s be capitals " I ",s ? ... as said " Bugger ".
    Roger, it was clever satire. alwylie inserted nineteen intentional grammar & punctuation errors into his post, to prove, ever with that number of mistakes, the post was still totally understandable.
    Last edited by John B; 09-16-2015 at 03:03 AM.

I'll bring those three threads together as one today Terry. Good work!
    Steve, any update on this?

Sorry Terry, just gone and done that now. I hope you don't mind but I edited the layout slightly by putting each model name in bold text and adding spaces between the paragraphs to space the text out a little.

Sorry Terry, just gone and done that now. I hope you don't mind but I edited the layout slightly by putting each model name in bold text and adding spaces between the paragraphs to space the text out a little.
    Thanks Steve, appreciated