Answering this with the driver/owners hat on.

Just to clarify that I own a 1974 Alfa Romeo 2000GTV with an A pass T&C COD that runs the correct GTA 14x6.5 inch rims for the car and yep your guessed it, 14 inch tyres are not easy to come by these days.

1, I the light of the prior discussions I feel that the Historic Cars only should be able to run Bias Slicks if their is no suitable alternative. The remainder of the cars should all be on Bias Treaded Vintage tyres ie CR65s or Bias Dot Tyres. If a schedule K car has difficulty then it should be on a case by case basis and not taken for granted. Control tyre, well we have a lot of different makes of cars and wheel sizes. NZ supplier who would care for the group would be an advantage ie Cardwells. I feel we need to stay with the era we represent.

2, As above and no to radials.

3, I am comfortable that the Historic's only with the exception of maybe a few of the Schedule K cars can run on Bias Slicks.

4, I priced the Vintage Sports Car bias tyres to suit my car $358.00 each from Cardwells. Its been years since I bought race tyres so tell me if that's reasonable......??

5, Put down some driving standards and police it.....

6, As for # 1 above. Wet weather is my concern with slicks and those with slicks must have a wet alternative.

I personally want this to work and no I am not battered or bruised. I believe in this and I really want the Historic's in this or without them I feel it is a lost cause. It is no good having these cars sit in the shed.