Thread: New Zealand Historic Saloon Cars Under HRC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Semi-Pro Racer
    'Morphodite'- a plant or animal with both male/female sex organs- really , what has that got to do with race cars. Might be a good time to remember that race cars of all types in this country were around before the revenue gathers decided to concoct unnecessary stuff like COD's and various shedules etc. The cars really don't care where they race or who with, its only the drivers/owners & circuit organisers etc along with other well meaning misguided individuals who want to put them in different size packages.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    This to my mind is a perfect example of why it makes sense to build either a T&C or Schedule K car and get a COD. Although MSNZ have never had any involvement in historic car racing in NZ, and have never enforced the COD system, their rules are overall very good.

But why go off on a tangent and build a morphodite monster that provides its owner so few places to actually race, when you could have something like this, that is generally accepted anywhere, and as its owner proves, does actually race in multiple different series'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Mac View Post
    'Morphodite'- a plant or animal with both male/female sex organs- really , what has that got to do with race cars. Might be a good time to remember that race cars of all types in this country were around before the revenue gathers decided to concoct unnecessary stuff like COD's and various shedules etc. The cars really don't care where they race or who with, its only the drivers/owners & circuit organisers etc along with other well meaning misguided individuals who want to put them in different size packages.
    Jac, I'd be staggered if you actually agreed with my comments, as you've been openly critical of the Historic Muscle Cars concept of having a class that uses a strict set of rules, rather than being a free-for-all. And thats fair enough.

Certainly, the classic/historic racing scene in NZ does allow room for both, which really offers car owners a great number of options. But as Ray Green said in post #112, this particular Fiat also races in his group, which isn't going to be at this particular TACCOC vent. The fact the car was built to MSNZ T&C rules and has a COD means its owner can jump in and race with HSC. This in itself proves my point, as here is a good example of a car owner wanting to race at this event, and the fact his car has been built the way it is, means there is a place for him to race.