Sonic Race
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 78 of 78

Thread: Telecom Classic MOTORFEST, Hamilton Feb 19-20, 1994

  1. #61
    World Champion Roger Dowding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Omokoroa Beach Bay of Plenty NZ
    Posts
    2,361

    Telecom Motorfest 1994 Frankton, Hamilton

    A word about the organisers and the Officials of the " Town " Hamil-tron ..
    Thanks to Remi for these images.

    Name:  Telecom Motorfest 1994 #132 P 3 B resize the Welcome Scan.083530_3-24 (571x800) (2).jpg
Views: 232
Size:  183.6 KB

    The Results - the cover !! - same as the programme and the Ticket - the Phonecard which according to promotional material is very collectible ..
    Name:  Telecom Motorfest 1994 #121 P 38 Offical Results cover Scan.084310_1-7 (566x800) (2).jpg
Views: 228
Size:  129.1 KB

    Fastest Laps and the Superkart results.

    Name:  Telecom Motorfest 1994 #122 P 32 -2 Results Fastest laps and Kart Scan.084310_2-7 (572x800) (2).jpg
Views: 226
Size:  81.6 KB

    Historic Sports Cars

    Name:  Telecom Motorfest 1994 #133 P 33 -1 Results Historic Sports cars 3 races Scan.084310_3-7 (554x80.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  83.5 KB

    Clubman Sports Cars

    Name:  Telecom Motorfest 1994 #124 C P 33 -2 Results Sports Cars Clubman Scan.084310_3-7 (3) (542x800).jpg
Views: 229
Size:  79.1 KB

    Clubman Sports cars and Historic Sports Cars.

    Name:  Telecom Motorfest 1994 #125 P 34 -1 Results Specials Clubman race 3 Sports cars race 1  Scan.084.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  75.8 KB

    Historic Sports other races, BMC Class, Saloons, Racing Cars and last BMC Class races to follow.

  2. #62
    World Champion Roger Dowding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Omokoroa Beach Bay of Plenty NZ
    Posts
    2,361

    Telecom Classic MOTORFEST 1994 the rest of the results

    Historic Sports Cars Races 1, 2 and 3.

    Name:  Telecom Motorfest 1994 #126 P 35 -1 Results Historic Sports 3 races Scan.084310_5-7 (575x800) (2.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  84.5 KB

    BMC Class

    Name:  Telecom Motorfest 1994 #127 P 35 -2 Results BMC class 2 Races Scan.084310_5-7 (560x800) (2).jpg
Views: 222
Size:  92.0 KB

    Saloons

    Name:  Telecom Motorfest 1994 #128 P 36 Results Saloons 2 Races 1 page only Scan.084310_6-7 (560x800) (.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  78.3 KB

    Racing Cars

    Name:  Telecom Motorfest 1994 #129 P 37 -1  Results Racings cars 3 races Scan.084310_7-7 (566x800) (2).jpg
Views: 219
Size:  97.8 KB

    BMC Championship the Scratch and Handicap Races. looks like a duplication - the scan had two pages per scan ..my oops !!

    Name:  Telecom Motorfest 1994 #131 P 37 -2 Results BMC Class Scratch and Hcap 2 Races Scan.084310_7-7 (.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  93.3 KB

    That the lot.
    Thanks again to Remi - who now owns the Tony Herbert Ginetta - which is in France.

    Name:  Telecom Motorfest 1994 #121 P 38 Offical Results cover Scan.084310_1-7 (566x800) (2).jpg
Views: 219
Size:  129.1 KB

    That's pretty much the end to this thread - except for some other pages from the programme.
    This was the second, and sadly the Last, of these events - became too difficult to organise.
    Thanks to Laurie Brenssell and his team for giving us two years of Classic Racing in Hamilton.

  3. #63
    I didn't find a topic for it so I put the programme for the 1993 event here

    Name:  Scan.073811_1-13-P90.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  114.2 KB
    Name:  Scan.073811_2-13-P75.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  145.0 KB
    Name:  Scan.073811_3-13-P90.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  99.5 KB
    Name:  Scan.073811_4-13-P90.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  108.2 KB
    Name:  Scan.073811_5-13-P65.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  143.8 KB
    Name:  Scan.073811_6-13-P90.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  140.2 KB

  4. #64

  5. #65

  6. #66
    World Champion Roger Dowding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Omokoroa Beach Bay of Plenty NZ
    Posts
    2,361
    Thanks Remi - who has now sent me about 50 pages of scans on the 1993 event - they will follow.

    The topic of the Thread should be the Telecom Classic Motorfest 1993 - 1994.

    Any photos welcome !!

  7. #67
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cambridge NI NZ.
    Posts
    1,014
    Hello.....there must be someone out there that has a photo of the Fogg Cooper S upside down on the corner leading into the Seddon road straight. It had glanced one of the big earthmover tyres and flipped during a passing manoevre.........would be very interested to see it. Thanks.

  8. #68
    World Champion ERC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Auckland, North Shore
    Posts
    3,450
    Sorry AMCO, wasn't aware of that incident! I was only there for one day.

    I have already posted several pics on my thread from the 1994 meeting. But, they are well scattered. At least 23 pics.

  9. #69
    World Champion Roger Dowding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Omokoroa Beach Bay of Plenty NZ
    Posts
    2,361

    Fogg-y incident and other photos !!

    Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
    Sorry AMCO, wasn't aware of that incident! I was only there for one day.

    I have already posted several pics on my thread from the 1994 meeting. But, they are well scattered. At least 23 pics.
    ERC and AMCO - will try and see what is out there - on Old NZ Motor Racing where I have put some of the Telecom 1993 - 1994 stuff. Someone must have a photo ..!!
    ERC - will have a look for your photos of Telecom and if you like " borrow " them and put on here.

    The incident I most remember from 1994 is the Chris White one
    - Chris hard a heart attack or similar part way through a race but managed to stop safely - they pushed his car onto the roundabout - and looked after him
    Posted before but showing again !.

    Name:  Telecom Motorfest 1994 #79 Chris White Healey 3000 Incident at roundabout CCI27112015 (780x508).jpg
Views: 174
Size:  144.9 KB

    Chris on a lap - a bit earlier

    Name:  Telecom Motorfest 1994 #74 Chris White - Healey closeup , CCI09092015 (3) (800x528).jpg
Views: 177
Size:  135.5 KB

    Chris was OK and continued racing at other events later on in this and then a Jensen Healey as he thought the 3000 was worth to much

  10. #70
    World Champion Roger Dowding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Omokoroa Beach Bay of Plenty NZ
    Posts
    2,361

    Mini #39 Angus Fogg

    AMCO72 - your comment again
    " there must be someone out there that has a photo of the Fogg Cooper S upside down on the corner leading into the Seddon road straight.
    It had glanced one of the big earthmover tyres and flipped during a passing manoeuvre.........would be very interested to see it. "

    Gerald Fogg wrote that they haven't seen a picture of the accident but this is loading the car on the trailer afterwards. He also commented that it took 16 years to have the car rebuilt and back on a track

    Name:  Telecom Motorfest 1994 #172 Gerald Fogg Mini #39 after accident G Fogg .jpg
Views: 171
Size:  165.5 KB

    Entrant /Driver was Angus Fogg - as seen in this entry list
    the 1993 event.

    Name:  Telecom Motorfest 1994 #153 1993 Programme Race 1 Saloons C1 P22 Remi Rutkowski .jpgScan.073811_.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  99.5 KB
    Last edited by Roger Dowding; 09-09-2019 at 01:54 AM.

  11. #71
    World Champion Roger Dowding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Omokoroa Beach Bay of Plenty NZ
    Posts
    2,361

    NZ Classic Driver now Quarterly .. and in the first of the new issues is.....

    NZ Classic Driver due out in Late September - early October will be the first of the quarterly editions as compared to bi-monthly until now.

    In the Issue will be the story of the Telecom Classic Motorfest events of 1993 and 1994 - The article has been written by Laurie Brenssell - who was the Chairman of the organising committee.
    Should be a good article.

    Name:  Telecom Motorfest 1994 #151 1993 Programme cover Remi Rutkowski.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  114.2 KB

    as Laurie says " Remember the Telecom Classic Motorfest? We travel back to Hamilton in the early '90s to look back at this event in our upcoming edition. Were you there? ".

    Looking forward to the issue being published. Issue #86..

    Issue #87 is due out December ..

  12. #72
    World Champion Roger Dowding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Omokoroa Beach Bay of Plenty NZ
    Posts
    2,361

    Angus Fogg - a younger one Mini Race #39

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dowding View Post
    AMCO72 - your comment again
    " there must be someone out there that has a photo of the Fogg Cooper S upside down on the corner leading into the Seddon road straight.
    It had glanced one of the big earthmover tyres and flipped during a passing manoeuvre.........would be very interested to see it. "

    Gerald Fogg wrote that they haven't seen a picture of the accident but this is loading the car on the trailer afterwards. He also commented that it took 16 years to have the car rebuilt and back on a track

    Name:  Telecom Motorfest 1994 #172 Gerald Fogg Mini #39 after accident G Fogg .jpg
Views: 171
Size:  165.5 KB

    Entrant /Driver was Angus Fogg - as seen in this entry list
    the 1993 event.

    Name:  Telecom Motorfest 1994 #153 1993 Programme Race 1 Saloons C1 P22 Remi Rutkowski .jpgScan.073811_.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  99.5 KB
    Two more pictures of the car after the accident, but before it went on the trailer.
    Thanks to Laurie Brenssell the Organiser of the events [ Chairman of the Organising Group ] for the photos.

    Name:  Telecom Motorfest 1994 #174 Angus Fogg Mini crash 3 Laurie Brenssell .jpg
Views: 125
Size:  96.9 KB

    Name:  Telecom Motorfest 1994 #175 Angus Fogg Mini crash resize Laurie Brenssell  (2).jpg
Views: 127
Size:  156.9 KB

    Laurie Brenssell has more photos of the event - taken by " Geoff Ridder Photography " Officially for the event which I am looking to obtain - plus there is film footage including some of the TV broadcast, we may get to see that too !!

    AMCO72 this is for you, and other TRS members - still no actual accident shots so far

  13. #73
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cambridge NI NZ.
    Posts
    1,014
    Holy smoke, that was some wack........Angus is looking a bit pale, as well he might. I have to say he apologised profusely to me when he arrived back at the pit.......but I forgave him.......well what else could I do ?........and he paid for all the repair. Was the first festival at HD, the Bruce McLaren that was the catalyst to get it back on the track 16 years after the incident. We are taking her to the South Island in January....Levels and Skope so that should be a bit of fun........probably travelling down with Gordon and the Alfetta so the two cars can swap stories.

  14. #74
    World Champion Roger Dowding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Omokoroa Beach Bay of Plenty NZ
    Posts
    2,361

    Angus Fogg and the Mini Cooper S ..

    Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
    Holy smoke, that was some wack........Angus is looking a bit pale, as well he might. I have to say he apologised profusely to me when he arrived back at the pit.......but I forgave him.......well what else could I do ?........and he paid for all the repair. Was the first festival at HD, the Bruce McLaren that was the catalyst to get it back on the track 16 years after the incident. We are taking her to the South Island in January....Levels and Skope so that should be a bit of fun........probably travelling down with Gordon and the Alfetta so the two cars can swap stories.
    AMCO72 - comment has been made that Angus then [ 1993 ] - looks a bit like Brendon Hartley does today.

    Good luck with the trip South -will you also be at Taupo mid January [ 11 - 12 Jan 2020 ].. ?? a few TRS guys will be there, and I am trying to get there too !!.

    If I find any more photo's will post here - as mentioned Laurie Brenssell has a big archive of photos..

    Two other Mini Photos from Pukekohe that I have come across lately ..

    Derek Haynes 1976 - Martin Haynes photo - the AMCO car !! Was that you ??
    Name:  Pukekohe 1973 #51 Mini 7 Derek Haynes 1976 Martin Haynes .jpg
Views: 115
Size:  105.3 KB

    Murray Cox, Mini and an Imp - Bob Homewood photo 29 April 1973
    Name:  Pukekohe 1973 #43 Mini 7 Murray Cox 29041973 Bob Homewood .jpg
Views: 113
Size:  72.3 KB

    Should put these on Shano's Mini's and Imps story and my Pukekohe story too.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
    Holy smoke, that was some wack........Angus is looking a bit pale, as well he might. I have to say he apologised profusely to me when he arrived back at the pit.......but I forgave him.......well what else could I do ?........and he paid for all the repair. Was the first festival at HD, the Bruce McLaren that was the catalyst to get it back on the track 16 years after the incident. We are taking her to the South Island in January....Levels and Skope so that should be a bit of fun........probably travelling down with Gordon and the Alfetta so the two cars can swap stories.
    Gerald-
    Reminds me of this Gary Larsen joke-https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/836402962017185669/.....what are you gonna tell your Dad, Chuck ?
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 09-24-2019 at 07:42 PM.

  16. #76
    World Champion Roger Dowding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Omokoroa Beach Bay of Plenty NZ
    Posts
    2,361
    Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    Gerald-
    Reminds me of this Gary Larsen joke-https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/836402962017185669/.....what are you gonna tell your Dad, Chuck ?
    Arn't i the silly one - not connecting AMCO72 with G Fogg duhh !! as Homer would say..

    John Mck the pic ..

    Name:  Far side G larsen ...jpg
Views: 104
Size:  48.2 KB

    and ... Angus was back the next year - Race no 20 .. in 1994 ..

    Name:  Telecom Motorfest 1994 #127 P 35 -2 Results BMC class 2 Races Scan.084310_5-7 (560x800) (2).jpg
Views: 104
Size:  92.0 KB
    Last edited by Roger Dowding; 09-25-2019 at 04:36 AM. Reason: #20 and Gary Larsen ### 47

  17. #77
    World Champion Roger Dowding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Omokoroa Beach Bay of Plenty NZ
    Posts
    2,361

    Issue #86 is out with the Article on the Telecom Classic Motorfest [s] 1993 and 1994.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dowding View Post
    NZ Classic Driver due out in Late September - early October will be the first of the quarterly editions as compared to bi-monthly until now.

    In the Issue will be the story of the Telecom Classic Motorfest events of 1993 and 1994 - The article has been written by Laurie Brenssell - who was the Chairman of the organising committee.
    Should be a good article.

    Name:  Telecom Motorfest 1994 #151 1993 Programme cover Remi Rutkowski.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  114.2 KB

    as Laurie says " Remember the Telecom Classic Motorfest? We travel back to Hamilton in the early '90s to look back at this event in our upcoming edition. Were you there? ".

    Looking forward to the issue being published. Issue #86..

    Issue #87 is due out December ..
    Issue #86 is out with the Article on the Telecom Classic Motorfest [ s ] 1993 and 1994 ..A good read, and some photos including the one of Angus Fogg looking at the wrecked Cooper S ..plus some stuff on the night race in 1994, which I didn't see, was there during the day only with a 9 year old in tow [my grandson] and my Nephew ..

    Allan Dick and Digby Paape are mentioned as commentators as is Dougal Stevenson ..

    Allan Dick has also written a story on Jim Bennett and Furi 9 the " Impulse " in the Issue - A 1930's style racer based on the Austin Seven racers of the time. The Furi cars are on the Dunedin thread .. with a lot of information from Jim Bennett.

    A photo to connect to each article !! .

    Telecom [a car for Spgeti - not an Elf ] my photo

    Name:  Telecom Motorfest 1994 #16lfa Romeo 105 CCI12092015 (2) (800x515).jpg
Views: 69
Size:  117.2 KB

    Furi 9 -not my photo as have only seen Furi 2 the Jaguar powered car the Jim still owns.
    - mentioned in the article the car as a " work of art ".
    On display at the Dunedin Museum of Art a few years ago .. 1990 actually.
    Photo from Jim Bennett archives.

    Name:  Jim Bennett Furi Cars #85 D Furi 9 Impulse Dunedin Art Gallery 1990 JB archives (800x547) (2).jpg
Views: 67
Size:  156.7 KB

  18. #78
    World Champion Roger Dowding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Omokoroa Beach Bay of Plenty NZ
    Posts
    2,361

    NZ Classic Driver issue # 86 Oct- Dec 2019 featuring the Telecom Motorfest

    Front Cover of the Magazine and the Lead page of the article on the Telecom Classic Motorfest 1993 1994.
    Thanks to Laurie Brenssell for the article.

    Name:  Motoring Books #221 NZ Classic Driver #86 Telecom Jim Bennett 2019_10_15_1067 (458x640).jpg
Views: 43
Size:  122.2 KB

    Name:  Motoring Books #225 Telecom Page 1 54 NZCD #86 2019_10_15_1060 (484x640).jpg
Views: 41
Size:  101.0 KB

    Another story in the book is about Jim Bennett and Furi 9 the Impulse - by Allan Dick - who also includes a brief summary of all the Furi Cars. That is for the Dunedin thread later.

    Name:  Motoring Books #230 Jim Bennett Impulse NZCD #86 2 2019_10_15_1066 (448x640).jpg
Views: 42
Size:  100.9 KB

    Will post more details once the Magazine has been around for a while

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •