Thread: Racing Motorcycles - To - Racing Cars

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Semi-Pro Racer
    Mike " The Bike" Hailwood

Semi-Pro Racer
    ....Our Barry Sheen raced in the English Touring Car series in a Toyota Supra .....I think thats right,but!!!!!........regards thunder427/MJ

Quote Originally Posted by thunder427 View Post
    ....Our Barry Sheen raced in the English Touring Car series in a Toyota Supra .....I think thats right,but!!!!!........regards thunder427/MJ
    Barry did indeed drive a Supra for a while before progressing (?) on to Truck Racing.
    He continued racing trucks when he moved downunder.
    In the early days of truck racing, they were basically racing road trucks with a few modifications and a number on the side. Hence the bullbar on the truck.I'm sure Barry would have thought, if you have it, you may as well use it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Semi-Pro Racer
    The Brambilla brothers, Ernesto(Tino) and Vittorio, both raced motor bikes in Europe in the '50's and early '60's before going on to single seater cars. Tino had placings in World champ bike races, and then did quite well in Formula 2 in late 1960's although his few F1 efforts were unremarkable. Younger brother Vittorio raced in National Italian bike races before hitting F1 and actually won the Austrian GP in 1975, when the race was shortened due to heavy rain, and he lost it and went off the track while taking the chequered flag and drove the victory lap with the front in tatters. Both brothers were regarded as a bit 'hairy' on the track.