Thread: Programs, movies and memories. (USA version )

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    World Champion
    Laguna Seca 300 Kilometres GTO Race Results. May 2nd 1987

Name:  1987 GTO race results.jpg
Views: 2025
Size:  181.8 KB

Note the 12th placed car was a young teenager, Tom Kendall, who went on to have a fine career in US racing. He won the GTU division in this race in his Mazda RX-7.

(Ken Hyndman..just got a bit of a rev for doing this during my lunch and into company time ! This is
    much more important !)
    Last edited by khyndart in CA; 09-10-2015 at 07:34 PM.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by khyndart in CA View Post
    Laguna Seca 300 Kilometres GTO Race Results. May 2nd 1987

Name:  1987 GTO race results.jpg
Views: 2025
Size:  181.8 KB

Note the 12th placed car was a young teenager, Tom Kendall, who went on to have a fine career in US racing. He won the GTU division in this race in his Mazda RX-7.

(Ken Hyndman..just got a bit of a rev for doing this during my lunch and into company time ! This is
    much more important !)
    I saw the name Bruce Jenner on the list and wondered if it was THE Bruce Jenner, and according to Google it is.
    He (as she was then) drove the 7-Eleven Roush Mustang. Wow, you learn something new everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    I saw the name Bruce Jenner on the list and wondered if it was THE Bruce Jenner, and according to Google it is.
    He (as she was then) drove the 7-Eleven Roush Mustang. Wow, you learn something new everyday.

Not sure on that one. Bruce Jenner from the South Island who ran a Camaro (ex- Everybody) went to the USA and raced there for years. I think he bought factory drive with Roush before going the Porsche way later. South Island contingent will know better (Jac Mac).

PS Bruce was known to be for the 'high jump' a couple of times back in the old days, but different jeans. (Levi I think)

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    Not sure on that one. Bruce Jenner from the South Island who ran a Camaro (ex- Everybody) went to the USA and raced there for years. I think he bought factory drive with Roush before going the Porsche way later. South Island contingent will know better (Jac Mac).

PS Bruce was known to be for the 'high jump' a couple of times back in the old days, but different jeans. (Levi I think)
    There seem to be two different Bruce Jenner racing drivers.
    http://www.racingsportscars.com/driv...Jenner-NZ.html
    http://www.racingsportscars.com/driv...enner-USA.html

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post

Bruce Jenner from Dunedin- Ex Coppins Early Camaro, still with 'Gold' paint job & 'Ultra Tune' signage, a few years before my OSCA time. IIRC he later brought the Porsche 944? turbo and a Pontiac Firebird?, both spaceframe cars out to NZ for a Trans Am series ( about same time of Wills RX8 etc ), the two drivers swapped cars occasionally, names escape me. Got a feeling the Firebird might have stayed here in NZ- could it be the one that ended up with Ford SVO motor at one point? Paul Gentiloni might have been one driver & Jenner may have driven himself on a couple of occasions?
    Last edited by Jac Mac; 09-11-2015 at 06:07 AM.