Thread: Goodwood Revival - LIVE STREAM - this weekend (11-13 Sept '15)

Goodwood Revival - LIVE STREAM - this weekend (11-13 Sept '15)

Hi All,

If you're interested in watching some of the LIVE STREAMING of the Goodwood Revival this weekend (11-13 September 2015), click here.

Enjoy !

Just watched the Bruce McLaren tribute parade at the Goodwood Revival. A wonderful collection of McLarens, and selection of cars driven by Bruce, parading around the circuit lead by the 'Lycoming Special'. This tribute is also scheduled for Saturday & Sunday.

...one of the commentators has finally said it! I've been waiting for it all night, and one of them has just said, "...and he's driving with much aplomb...". Commentators have used this phrase constantly in previous years, and it certainly 'fits' the period theme of the 'Revival'.

Certainly wouldn't hear a phrase like that in any other form of motorsport - only at Goodwood! Love it!

Very moving tribute to Bruce McLaren by Lord March in the lunch break.

SUPERB!!

That race with the Alfa, the L-Cs and the Thunderbolt...you can't ask for more. And not a scratch on any car!

WOW!!

Just watched the 'RAC TT Celebration' race for 1960's GT cars. Yes it was another brilliant, hard-fought race, but that's not why I'm saying "wow". My exclamation is because this race has supposedly just broken the record for the most expensive field of cars to ever line up for a motor race. The assembled AC Cobras, Aston Martins, Corvettes, Jaguars and Ferraris had a combined value of £150,000,000!!!

Name:  2015.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  148.7 KB

Name:  2015_a.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  139.8 KB

PS : I'm now sure that the commentators are being paid a bonus for every time they use the word aplomb! Why else would they use it 20+ times in one race!!
    Last edited by John B; 09-14-2015 at 01:21 PM.

I also recommend the 2.5-litre F1 race and the 500cc Coopers and Kiefts - really, really good.

Drat, drat, drat.... Missed Goodwood on Sky 4 last night. We had family around and as they went, discovered there had been an hour of Goodwood that I'd only just missed, 8:30pm to 9:30pm. Maybe we ought to get the monthly Sky magazine, but as we only have it for the tennis, F1 and the occasional Aussie V8s, not really worth it.

Keep your eyes peeled and please post on here if it is on again.

I don't think there is ever a class at the Revival that isn't good, for one reason or another. What a fantastic track for spectators and amateur photographers, with none of that wire fencing - in fact, just low fencing anyway; the ability to walk right around the outside of the track; amazing car parks of pre 1966 cars; the atmosphere; the aircraft; the various static displays. Number 1 on anyone's bucket list as far as classic/historic meetings go.

Ray, it was Goodwood Festival of Speed, and its on again I think.

I found another showing for the Festival of Speed. 3am Friday morning on Sky Sport 2. Set your recorder.

Thanks Steve! Even the Festival of Speed is well worth a visit, but more for the off track stuff than on it, though I gather they now usually have a rally stage.

Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
    Thanks Steve! Even the Festival of Speed is well worth a visit, but more for the off track stuff than on it, though I gather they now usually have a rally stage.
    Hi Ray. The 'Goodwood Revival' wasn't on TV. Unfortunately I had to watch the free Live Streaming on the computer (lucky we have fast Broadband and a large computer monitor). Have done this for the last 3 years, and the coverage is always fantastic.

Some clips have already been uploaded to YouTube - just search by 'Goodwood Revival 2015'.

Name:  Goodwood_Cobras.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  169.0 KB

All six of Shelby Daytona Coupes were at the Revival.

Name:  Goodwood_Cobra.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  158.4 KB

And here are a few more images...

Name:  Goodwood_Jaguar.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  158.6 KB
    Lister Chevrolet & D-Type

Name:  Goodwood_Jag.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  163.9 KB
    Lister & 250GT SWB

Name:  Goodwood_GT40.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  176.7 KB
    GT40 Spyder
    Last edited by John B; 09-20-2015 at 04:53 PM.