Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Corvette Engines and Racingcars

Give me a ring at the same time Rod need another laugh,and by the way and I may be wrong but I think the Dymonds are two different familys. The Steve Dymond hit the wall at Levals was not the Penrite oil man from Aussie.Steve took of with the McLaren coupe a friend of mine in Denver bought it Harry Mathews,.Told about some not very nice dealings ,and if I was hiding like behind mr xxrrxed I would print it As to the Queens medal if you were up with the play you would know I turned it down and as you mentioned it some time back I must say sorry if I keep you awake at night

Semi-Pro Racer
    Steve , John and Brian are brothers, Steve was in Aussie for a while then went to the states, brought that illegal Camaro over for the Transam series one year.

So was John and Mark father and son they had the Carter corvette ???? both now dead???

Semi-Pro Racer
    Two Different men, John Diamond ran Penrite oil, and raced here in NZ at Historic events with his family for a number of years, his son and daughter ran cars here two, his son died of cancer and John passed away a few years ago, he was a mighty guy with a passion for racing and oil, Barry Leitch did a lot of work on their cars and I think his daughter still races in Australia.
    Roger

Yes I agree , he offered to sponsor my Short Spyder in the early 90s to a trip right around Aussie as it was all sealed I had told him I had driven it from the top to the bottom of NZ and would love to drive melb. to Perth .They had the Carter at the last Wigram along with Spencer Martin in the 300s Maser and XK220,have some great vidio shots of Spencer and Jim Palmer in the 300s along side the Chev coupe and PDLect

Going back a few post to help out rogered with his maths one thing I am good at from 1955 to 2000 is 45 add on 12 and it comes to 57 Rogerd wish you would be man enough to use you name when you slack anyone off 57 years and I dont make a big deal out of it just some of us are born this way!!!

John Dymond is on Trade Me/old friends/Otago Sports Car Club member.

Image as posted in another thread on this website. Although im not a "bowtie" kind of guy, this is a fantastic car

Name:  Stanton Corvette Pukekohe edited.JPG
Views: 887
Size:  96.0 KB

In 1958 Ardmore .I always watched practise at College corner then sat as high up as possible in the grandstand opp. the pits this day an Austin Healey with a chev v8 E Kennards arrived at the corner way to fast and did five high speed loops I have never seen anyone do better, certanly had some of the spectaters running,not certan but think it was two tone blue and grey??

Hi Guys,the "split-window'' Coupe was a one year only body style in 1963 and is consided quite collectable yet not as valuable as an 1967 (last year for this body shape) 427/435hp Convertible........$100,000+ US.

Quote Originally Posted by mid-year View Post
    Hi Guys,the "split-window'' Coupe was a one year only body style in 1963 and is consided quite collectable yet not as valuable as an 1967 (last year for this body shape) 427/435hp Convertible........$100,000+ US.
    Thanks, new there was something around the split window being a collectors item.

PS Jim got dvds thanks. Now leave our mate Rogered alone, you saw him in mirror a few times too in days gone past. Think he was extracting the urine. (now that will have you thinking, don't loose any sleep though) Got your phone number now so will help you with amnessia, because i do care about you.

Gee thanks Rod ,Steve David Amco now you what more can a man ask for ..Did I lap him?? how many times??

Quote Originally Posted by mid-year View Post
    Attachment 8281

Alive and well,prowling the streets of S.E. QLD,now RHD and back to Big-Block power as a road car.
    Thats the same car? Wow, I'm shocked. Thats really had a big resto done, its stunning. As much as I love the way it looks now, I think I prefer it as a race car.

Quote Originally Posted by markec View Post
    Steve , John and Brian are brothers, Steve was in Aussie for a while then went to the states, brought that illegal Camaro over for the Transam series one year.
    There is some good tv footage on another thread on here from when he raced that Corvette in NZ. To be fair to Steve, he never actually wanted to race for points or the championship, he just wanted to get some racing under his belt for a full campaign in the IMSA series.

The double banger

I am trying to find information about the double banger. I am Toby Carboni's son and compiling a book about his life including his racing days. I would appreciate any information, images or any contacts you give to help me. Thanks in advance

Took this photo at Chris Amon meeting Hampton Downs 2011.He did this every time he came past,looks cool,put a smile on alot of peoples faces who witnessed this.Name:  phpAViN69PM.jpg
Views: 753
Size:  99.8 KB

Corvette racing cars? Ah yes the Chev Corvette Production Sports Car raced by Warwick Henderson in the Aust Sports car Champ springs to mind. This was a huge beast of a car.Had a huge cowl on the bonnet over the quad DD webbers which caused a few visibility problems. At Calder one day Hendo starts from the back of the grid having missed practice the day before. First lap, up the back straight,hauling them in, tucked in behind a Bolwell Nagari he pulls out to pass it and wham!!! fibreglass everywhere, cars going in all directions. He had rammed the back of a tiny Nota Fang and obliterated it."Never even saw it " he said, just this bang and the fibreglass bodywork of the Fang flying in all directions. Hardly any damage to the Vette,must have had the heavyweight body fitted that day.... In future races I ALWAYS made sure he knew where I was in my little Lotus 7!
    Will try and find some photos and post em.

W154, is this the same Corvette he ran in the 1980s, with the Greenwood-style wide body? It ran in Sports Sedan/GT races. Looked fantastic! I understand the Henderson family still own this car? Would love to see photos if you have them.

Corvette Engines [CHEV] I have a contact from Hendrick racing that can supply nascar crate engines in various stages eg hours run , & from different stages of HP. If any one is interested let me know & I can do some fishing re costs etc etc ........

Journeyman Racer
    I found this image I captured of Warwick Henderson in his Corvette at Amaroo Park in May 1977. Photo is a bit grainy but you can get the general idea of what the car was like.

Name:  AP290577WHendersonw.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  54.9 KB