Thread: Lakeside Classic September 2015, Festival of Sports and Racing cars,

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Originally posted by Roger Dowding
    Ray, some great shots, ask them for permission and money!
    The museum is very small only 5 or 6 cars and three of these boards, track construction this one and the history of the track there should be more. all contained in the kitchen cafe area
    The two pics I can see of mine are the colour one of race starts...

Who runs the museum? I wouldn't ask for money, but I do want to be credited for the pics.

In post 9 second picture a red Alfa Sprint is chasing down a blue GTV. Sometime back an Australian company was fitting these little sprints with a 2.5 Alfa V6 and latter a Walkinshaw Holden V8. It was called the "Giocattolo". I don't know how many of either version were built or if any still exist. Apparently the V8 version had a performance akin to a F1 McLaren of the day. Spgeti is not the only one who enjoys the Italian machinery so thanks for posting these.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    In post 9 second picture a red Alfa Sprint is chasing down a blue GTV. Sometime back an Australian company was fitting these little sprints with a 2.5 Alfa V6 and latter a Walkinshaw Holden V8. It was called the "Giocattolo". I don't know how many of either version were built or if any still exist. Apparently the V8 version had a performance akin to a F1 McLaren of the day. Spgeti is not the only one who enjoys the Italian machinery so thanks for posting these.
    Allan the car behind the Blue GTV is a Lancia, there was in post #3, bottom picture an Alfa with a very radical rear wing, not Giocattolo, but radical, it was quick car too !!.
    think there are a couple more for the " Alfisti " in the forum, will check them out.
    I also have specification sheets in four languages issued by Alfa Romeo in 1965 covering all their models, if you would like scans of these, send your E-mail via PM on the forum.
    cheers, and glad you enjoy the Italians I did. There are some Alfa's in my thread " Monterey Historics 1982 ", more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell View Post
    The two pics I can see of mine are the colour one of race starts...

Who runs the museum? I wouldn't ask for money, but I do want to be credited for the pics.
    Ray, Queensland Raceway run the track as well as Ipswich.

just go to " queenslandraceway.com.au ". I am sure they will want to acknowledge the pictures, although it could be like Baypark, where according to BMC BOY, Peter Hanna requested pictures from anyone wanting to be treated as an acredited " race Photographer