Thread: Dunedin Street Races - revival meeting January 1984

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Te Pirita was the start point for a very long and localised history in Central Canterbury. The Motor Racing Club and Canterbury Car Club are a large part of that. They deserve - and have - their own history.

Quote Originally Posted by GregT View Post
    Te Pirita was the start point for a very long and localised history in Central Canterbury. The Motor Racing Club and Canterbury Car Club are a large part of that. They deserve - and have - their own history.
    Greg T, Thanks for that - must do some research on the MRC and CCC ..
    Do you have some information on Te Pirita .. I thought it was further South than Canterbury - off to Google now !!

Cheers

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dowding View Post
    Do you have some information on Te Pirita .. I thought it was further South than Canterbury - off to Google now !!

Cheers

Roger
    There is a massive tome published on the history of the Motor Racing Club. Your local library may have a copy, Christchurch certainly does. They come up occasionally at swap meet stalls. Cheapest I''ve seen was $100 which is why I don't have a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dowding View Post

Cheers

Roger
    sounds like you need one of my books....