Thread: Motor Racing pics - my early years, 1964-71 ; Pukekohe Racetrack ;by - Roger Dowdingl

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Motor Racing pics - my early years, 1964-71 Pukekohe- other Auckland events 1950's on

" Motor Racing pics - my early years, 1964-71 ; Pukekohe - other Auckland events 1950's on.. "

The thread has changed it's purpose, now includes other peoples pics and news items ..
    It real Title should be :
    " The Pukekohe Story "
    - 1963 to 2023.
    . Other Auckland Events .. Ardmore, and Beach Racing at Muriwai.

With the imminent demise of Pukekohe as a car racing venue in April 2023 - it will join the category of lost tracks.
    With that in mind will use the thread for events at other Auckland tracks.
    " Have put a lot of other North Island Tracks, Levin, Matamata, Napier, Ohakea the Mount Maunganui Street Circuit that preceded Baypark, and Paritutu, New Plymouth on the " Dunedin 1984 " thread and will continue to do that.
    -revised September 6th 2022.

The " Dunedin 1984 " Thread is already used for other South Island Events."

- Matamata, Mount Maunganui, Napier and Paritutu were all Street Circuits, from the 1960's.
    - Levin and Baypark as we know were designated Racing Tracks.

The Title of the thread needs to be changed, but for the moment the Title of Post One is changed
    " Motor Racing pics - my early years, 1964-71 ; Pukekohe and other Auckland events; "

As mentioned in the thread ;
    I first saw racing at Pukekohe in 1964 - The Wills Six Hour Race - from outside the track.
    The First meeting I actually attended as a Spectator [ paying ] with a Camera was the Wills Six Hour meeting on 9th October 1965

The Programme for that meeting posted by Ken H in Post #82

The pictures are my own taken with a basic Kodak Camera with no adjustments possible, just point and shoot;.

April 1966 meeting ; the Reverse Direction one ; never tried again as too dangerous and quite a few accidents including
    Ron Browns Mini; as mentioned Ron was Assistant Clerk of the course that day ; he was the Team Mate of Allan Boyle who also ran a Cooper " S ".

Name:  Mini Pukekohe April 1966 Ron Brown #1, CCI11102015_0001.jpg
Views: 8434
Size:  167.7 KB

Name:  Mini Pukekohe April 1966 Ron Brown #2, CCI11102015_0002.jpg
Views: 7067
Size:  165.4 KB

Name:  Mini Pukekohe April 1966 Ron Brown #3, CCI11102015_0003.jpg
Views: 8055
Size:  157.9 KB

Other photos which I tried to remove have stayed
    Dennis Marwood Cooper
    Ivan Segedin - Fleetwood Mustang
    Sports car field from a 1966 meeting .
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Roger Dowding; 09-06-2022 at 12:35 AM. Reason: more info #### 47