Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dowding View Post
Name:  Pukekohe 1968 Mini - Lotus Twin Cam   Club meeting 03-03-2015 10;00;34AM.jpg
Views: 1956
Size:  57.0 KB

Here is the car, described as the Lotus-Ford Mini, or any variation of the three names, only ever saw it once at this quickfire Televised club circuit meeting in 1968, same meeting as the single seater photos, Ted Thomson was an Engineer of some note, and I believe was deaf [ others may be able to confirm ], grafting a Lotus Twincam onto a Mini gearbox final drive was some feat.

The club circuit part of Pukekohe was deceptive as I found out in the 1978 NSCC Motorsport Day, a five event motoring day, in a Triumph GT6 Coupe
[ Gymkhana, Trial part 1, Club Circuit Sprint, Trial part 2, and Hillclimb at Cosseys Farm ], got wide at the top of the loop off the track and on the grass which was cambered, kept going 'til I got back on the seal again. No pictures though sigh !!! .
Yes you are correct as I saw Ted machining the crankshaft at the start then half way through machining and then the next time he had just got it from having oil ways drilled he built it with the clutch extention on shaft the carbs faced forward he was a very smart cookie I had quite a bit to do with him. He built a reasonably hot ford 1500cc gt motor for Mike Miers Standard 8 that I used to own.