Thread: Show And Tell - What Do You Drive?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    World Champion
    Thanks John,
    My two aunties left Felix St in 1966. I Googled it last night and found the old house is still there. Number 30 across from the entrance to GIB Living. It is a light beige colour and has a garage in front with a blue mural painted on it. I recognized it from the stain glass window which was on the room where I used to sleep when I went to stay and visit the "big city". You can see it best from the driveway to 28A. If you could ever get a chance to photo the house that would be greatly appreciated.

The last car dad drove to Auckland and we had for years was a 1959 Humber Hawk.
    Name:  Family cars_0005.jpg
Views: 998
Size:  91.2 KB

Before I go, here are my two aunties arriving at Kiwitahi in their new 1965 Simca 1000. (Not a great aerodynamic design but they were very happy in it )

Name:  Family cars_0001.jpg
Views: 989
Size:  139.9 KB

Humber Hawks were the most sought after cars for "Demolition Derby" races at Waikaraka Park Stock cars - they were so strong that most other cars wrote themselves off trying to take them out!

The little Simcas were very good performers, but evidently a little light in the front. I'm told at higher speeds the nose would try to lift so a good heavy toolbox or similar was always carried under the bonnet.

Quote Originally Posted by khyndart in CA View Post
    Thanks John,
    My two aunties left Felix St in 1966. I Googled it last night and found the old house is still there. Number 30 across from the entrance to GIB Living. It is a light beige colour and has a garage in front with a blue mural painted on it. I recognized it from the stain glass window which was on the room where I used to sleep when I went to stay and visit the "big city". You can see it best from the driveway to 28A. If you could ever get a chance to photo the house that would be greatly appreciated.

The last car dad drove to Auckland and we had for years was a 1959 Humber Hawk.
    Name:  Family cars_0005.jpg
Views: 998
Size:  91.2 KB

Before I go, here are my two aunties arriving at Kiwitahi in their new 1965 Simca 1000. (Not a great aerodynamic design but they were very happy in it )

Name:  Family cars_0001.jpg
Views: 989
Size:  139.9 KB
    Attachment 32165