Thread: Video Of The Day: 1983 Bathurst Hardies Heroes

Video Of The Day: 1983 Bathurst Hardies Heroes

This is a fascinating watch, not only for the famous Dick Johnson shunt, but also because of the addition in the Top Ten of the factory Bluebird, and the beautiful JPS 635CSi, which just sounds magic. And to see these cars being driven so hard. They were production based cars in the Group C era, and never driven this hard in the race.

And the BMW as it looks today. Restored back to its Group C guise. It'll make its race debut as a restored Group C car at the 2016 Skope Classic at Ruapuna, followed by the Phillip Island Classic.

Name:  12376496_431359817071903_8006286425984821228_n.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  172.7 KB

World Champion
    I have already been yelled at today and this will probably cause someone to put me straight but even though John Player & Sons cigarette products had been around for over 100 years I thought the JPS colours in Black and Gold that I first saw in about 1972 only stood for John Player Special (not John Player & Sons )

I am waiting in the corner !

(Ken Hyndman )

I thought it was John Player Special as well.

Is Special...... dont forget that same paint job on a Marina at the same time - Graeme Park Special.
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 12-12-2015 at 09:14 AM.

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by khyndart in CA View Post
    I have already been yelled at today and this will probably cause someone to put me straight but even though John Player & Sons cigarette products had been around for over 100 years I thought the JPS colours in Black and Gold that I first saw in about 1972 only stood for John Player Special (not John Player & Sons )

I am waiting in the corner !

(Ken Hyndman )
    The Special is one of their tobacco products. Officially, Player's John Player Special, which is, it was originally Player's Gold Leaf.

Both, apparently...
    Name:  jim rochards bmw.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  52.2 KB

Name:  jim richards bmw 2.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  57.6 KB