Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
John Osborne (OZ) passed on to the big motorsport club and race track in the sky yesterday. This is becoming a very elite club.
OZ ran a great race right down to the last lap, which was his longest of all, but he was still a winner.

This will leave a very big gap in a lot of peoples lifes and NZ Motorsport, especially in the South Island. To all who have been so lucky to have been involved with John or have just spent many weekends watching him do his trade behind the wheel of very wild and fast cars over the years, remember those times and also the other people he raced with who are also not with us anymore, they will be reorganizing the grid order at the race track in the sky.

To Andrea, Tim and family, our thoughts and love are with you at this very sad time.

JOHN OSBORNE (OZ) RIP
Sad day for nz motorsport.i remember some of the great battles that he had in osca at levels,always a man to be feared,a crowd favourite,no bullshit guy.i remember him well,as a kid at levels,i was leaning on his rx7,having a look inside it,i guess i was about ten or so,when he told me to 'get off,youll effing scratch it'.another memory was wen he took too much of the inside ripple strip,going through the esses at the end nf the front straight,and punctured his sump,he came roaring bak into the pit lane amid clouds of smoke,jumped out of the car,everyone keeping there distance ,except gerald mckissock,who was trying to give johna roasting for his entry bak into the pit lane,after the race john,ciggie a blazing started walking out on the track,with gerald,and some of his crew in tow,all keeping there distance as ozzo walked up to the offending ripple strip,the crowd was going nuts as ozzo was pointing and raving on to gerald about the height of it.on the walk back to pits,he was flicking the bird to some spectators.does anyone else remember this.entertainment plus!.r.i.p johnno..a real character in nz motorsport