Thread: New Book: Petrolheads

New Book: Petrolheads

This is my latest book, called Petrolheads. It actually hit the shops back in November, but the last couple of months have been CRAZY for me and I've not had a chance to snap some shots of the pages and post a little info.

The book is just over 200 pages long, with hardback cover, and features 24 motoring collections from around New Zealand. The collections range from vintage, classic, muscle and race car, through to a few museums, and motorbikes. Even has some airplanes in there. Its staggering what Kiwis stash away, and some of the collections are as impressive as anything you'll see anywhere in the world, with many of the vehicles being either very low volume or the only one of its type on earth.

The book retails at $39.99, and is available at all good bookshops, including Paper Plus, Whitcoulls, etc, plus also at Repco stores. So go buy yourself a copy if you haven't already done so, or demand your loved ones grab you a late Xmas gift.

Thanks everyone for looking.

Name:  60789_974056502633408_7307010797121700063_n.jpg
Views: 1069
Size:  106.0 KB

Weekend Warrior
    Well done, Steve. Marvellous book, amazing collections.

A copy turned up under the Christmas tree this morning.

Thanks for your work. Cheers Tedz.

Got mine Steve, thought it might be under the Christmas tree as well. Ended up buying it in New Plymouth while on holiday with all the family, 4 children and 9 grandchildren so haven't been able to get much of it so far. Home now and quiet times ahead so will be able to sit back, read and have a beer. It's absolutely amazing the number of collections around, so many and varied. Thanks heaps for putting it together. Regards Dave Graham

Thank you guys, I really appreciate the kind words. Glad you enjoyed the book.

Steve, has this book been released in Oz?

Looked at the main motoring bookshops such as Pitstop and Automoto websites but can't see it.

I did notice on a non motoring site a book entitled "Petrolheads in sheds" by you. Is this an Australian name for the book?

Hi Terry, Petrolheads In Sheds was a book I wrote a few years ago for a different publishing company.

I am pretty sure Petrolheads (the new one pictured above) is available at Repco stores in Aus. I had done a couple of books called Kiwi Mustangs and Kiwi Muscle Car Collections in 2015 which were both sold through Aussie Repco stores, but I'll check if the new one will be there also.

Steve- a friend found your Kiwi Bikes in Perth.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Hi Terry, Petrolheads In Sheds was a book I wrote a few years ago for a different publishing company.

I am pretty sure Petrolheads (the new one pictured above) is available at Repco stores in Aus. I had done a couple of books called Kiwi Mustangs and Kiwi Muscle Car Collections in 2015 which were both sold through Aussie Repco stores, but I'll check if the new one will be there also.
    Steve, did you manage to find anything about Oz distribution?

Quote Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
    Steve, did you manage to find anything about Oz distribution?
    Steve any update on Oz distribution?

An excellent book Steve. Petrolheads and the also excellent Kiwi Muscle Car Collections both delivered to me as a surprise here in Aberdeen, Scotland. Also have Petrolheads In Sheds...

Quote Originally Posted by 16bbls View Post
    An excellent book Steve. Petrolheads and the also excellent Kiwi Muscle Car Collections both delivered to me as a surprise here in Aberdeen, Scotland. Also have Petrolheads In Sheds...
    Thanks! Really appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
    Steve any update on Oz distribution?
    Steve, after another month any update?

Sorry Terry, they didn't actually give me a straight answer. They said to buy it online here: https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/...dback/22523403

I take this to mean its not currently in Repco in Aus.