Thread: Very Random query

Very Random query

Is there an experienced road event (not racing or closed stages) Clerk of Course who can spare a month to take this role for a major event here in NZ. Recompense to be arranged as is "job description". PM me please.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Month long road event without closed stages ??? Sounds like a Cannonball Run.
    You don't need a Clerk of Course, you need cars faster than anything the cops have, and a good lawyer

I know what Old Fart is referring to, but definitely not a Cannonball run!!! From what I know it is highly organised and very professional.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Month long road event without closed stages ??? Sounds like a Cannonball Run.
    You don't need a Clerk of Course, you need cars faster than anything the cops have, and a good lawyer
    I really should let comments like this go where they belong, the round file.
    As Ray has said this is possibly one of the highest class events to come to the country. A number of the cars entered so far would be close to a million each, one family bringing 4 !
    Organised to the nth degree. Hopefully every last detail covered. If there is nobody holding their hand up then we just bring one (and a number of other roles) out of Europe as will most of the competitors.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    I really should let comments like this go where they belong, the round file.
    Let me rephrase my post:
    You don't need a Clerk of Course, you need a sense of humour.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Let me rephrase my post:
    You don't need a Clerk of Course, you need a sense of humour.
    Rhys, don't know if you need any help for event or not, but as you know we have done a few Targa timing teams & may be able to wrangle a month off,

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Hirst View Post
    Rhys, don't know if you need any help for event or not, but as you know we have done a few Targa timing teams & may be able to wrangle a month off,
    Thanks Kev, I will be in touch when I get back North, you will probably fill a triple niche, great timing crew, fantastic Mr Fix it and damned good company too.. So far all the tulips, and times till day 11 of 28 are now in the computer program (Don Barrow), up to day 14 on the road. Also called on all the hotels so far, arranged side trips, meals and museums and collections to visit Averaging something like 150 instructions per day, all to 2 decimal places and all timed to the second! Regularity, Jogularity and some a "bit more open". No wonder they accepted my offer so quickly. We have some fantastic roads, some wide open, a few days back it was close on 20 km at an average of 15 km/hr.
    Last edited by Oldfart; 01-01-2016 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    Thanks Kev, I will be in touch when I get back North, you will probably fill a triple niche, great timing crew, fantastic Mr Fix it and damned good company too.. So far all the tulips, and times till day 11 of 28 are now in the computer program (Don Barrow), up to day 14 on the road. Also called on all the hotels so far, arranged side trips, meals and museums and collections to visit Averaging something like 150 instructions per day, all to 2 decimal places and all timed to the second! Regularity, Jogularity and some a "bit more open". No wonder they accepted my offer so quickly. We have some fantastic roads, some wide open, a few days back it was close on 20 km at an average of 15 km/hr.
    WOW Rhys, sounds like a great tour, hope you got the message re. campground, all go,will catch up when you get back, do you have a return date as yet, cheer's.

Finally at the end of the plotting! Over 5300 km of plotting!
    As per post #7, every intersection, every one way bridge, speed change etc etc. Any more volunteers who will be paid.?

Right, more!
    I am looking for 2 more teams of marshals. There is daily recompense, accommodation and meals and vehicle recompense. Ideally able to commit to the whole event. If you are able to do the whole event includes the above to and from home address. Please PM me with a phone number so I can call you.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Rhys,
    Perhaps more details might help-when, where, how long?

Quote Originally Posted by rf84 View Post
    Rhys,
    Perhaps more details might help-when, where, how long?
    To restate it is month long, 5000 + km, travels 5 days North Island, then balance South

Semi-Pro Racer
    Dates?

Qualification for entry?

rf, dates are 30 October till end November.
    Allan, entries are now closed, cars are pre 1965, entry fee which includes all meals, accommodation, travelling mechanics, ( I may need another couple of them) travelling doctors, etc 25,500 pounds stg. As you might guess from this it has things like 1920's Bentleys, Lagonda, 1917 Rolls, and such. It is not an event for the competition cars we know of. Much more a regularity trial, somewhat like the GoldStar trials us oldies may remember, but not as tricky, and obviously a lot longer. I suspect a few could be added to the entry list as there were not fully filled places at close date, but the fee would remain.
    If any one wants more details, please PM rather than messages on here as misinterpretation is too easy.

Must try to remember this. Should be worth tracking and taking a pic or two.

Nigel, look for a PM.

Hi All again.
    I am looking for another marshalling pair. Sit on the side of the road and fill time cards when needed. You will do close on 6000km from home to getting back home, and become a tourist to places you might never get to see off your own bat! Well I would not have afforded such a trip, and have done it twice now!
    Event is Oct 30th to end November, accommodation, daily recompense, breakfast and dinner, vehicle re-imbursement are all paid.
    I need to wrap this crew up very soon. PM please

If it wasn't for the fact that I'm already out of the country from mid June to mid September, apart from 4 days, I would have been keen!