SPR Models
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Motoring pics Vintage cars - early years, events from 1960's 70's and 80's

Ford Model A BZ3656.

" Year: 1930
    Make: FORD
    Model: SEDAN
    Colour: Black
    Second Colour: Red
    Body Style: Saloon
    Plate: BZ3656
    Engine No: CAE404
    Chassis: CAU1343 "

" BZ3656
    Plate Type: Standard
    Origin: NZ New
    Used as: Private Passenger vehicle
    Cause of Latest Registration: New
    NZ First Registration: 05-May-1930
    NZ Last Registration: Get Full CarJam Report
    Was Registered Overseas? No "

Car was New in New Zealand in 1930. Most likely a CKD Kit out of Canada - the John Stokes Book "Ford in New Zealand should tell.

Recent photo of the car - duotone and with cream or white wheels ..

Name:  Hunua Hundred 1971 #38 ModelA Ford BZ3656 Charles Liddell in 1971 Carjam .jpg
Views: 76
Size:  16.6 KB

Repost of the Official photo of the car - the start of the Hunua Hundred in 1971.
    ** Car has black wheels and I seem to think was only one colour " Black " at that time.
    Carjam mentions Black with Red - so ?? - unless taken back to original, if known !!

Name:  Hunua Hundred 1971 #23 Auckland VVCC the Model A. Official photo CCI27092015_0001 (800x620).jpg
Views: 75
Size:  165.6 KB

The crew [ Ken H's Gangsters sans guns ]. Sepia print to reflect the right age ??

Name:  Hunua Hundred 1971 #25 VCC Sepia CCI08072015 (1280x902) (2).jpg
Views: 76
Size:  67.4 KB

Ford in New Zealand - the book. John Stokes Fb photo Mark Three Zephyr - just like our family had 1963 -68 ..and the Author.

Name:  Cars #326 John Stokes Ford in NZ Book .jpg
Views: 75
Size:  60.1 KB
    Last edited by Roger Dowding; 10-09-2019 at 03:55 AM. Reason: colours ###47

why the audi and daimler in the last photo?

Quote Originally Posted by 928 View Post
    why the audi and daimler in the last photo?
    928, your question ??
    That is from John Stokes Facebook page - guess he likes them !! - I got for the Book Cover ..
    Understand that John is writing another book on Ford in New Zealand, more about the Seaview Plant than the cars.

That Ford 'New Beauty' is the same as the one I went on my first trip to Boggabilla in...

No it's not! Ours had a spare wheel on a front mudguard. But it wasn't black, it was a very dark blue.

It was quite a trip, the exhaust pipe broke somewhere near Dungog and made it quite noisy until we got to Taree.

I remember this trip quite well, right up to when we went to play in the river at 'Little Bondi' between Boggabilla and Goondiwindi, but I recall nothing whatever of the drive home.

Oddly, I am the only person left who recalls the trip details at all. My 'big' sister doesn't remember anything, nor does my younger brother, my youngest brother was there, but only a baby and he died 11 years ago anyway.

It was certainly different to our previous car, a Chev 4 converted to a panel van.
    Last edited by Ray Bell; 10-09-2019 at 08:56 PM.

World Champion
    Ray,
    You will have to write a book, just the names of the towns / places, amused those I shared this with here at work today.
    Cheers,
    Ken H