Thread: Motoring pics Vintage cars - early years, events from 1960's 70's and 80's

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ron Roycroft had a special interest in these cars and during a period late in their lives, he and close friend Herb Gilroy, carried out a quite extensive expedition, searching the back blocks for in particular, Cadillac service car remains. I am not sure as to what records they left behind, but I am sure that they were succesful to some degree.

I recall my mother and grandmother speaking of memories involving these cars when they moved about the West Coast, as a result of my grandfather's activities as a surveyor. An illustration is not complete if lacking sundry attachments for transporting luggage. Often soft items were laid between the front guards and the bonnet. Wheel chains served as an essential accessory and male passengers expected to become involved when progress became difficult and they dressed accordingly. The car in the photo lacks its side mounted spare and more than one was carried. I strongly quetsion the dating of the photo.
    Last edited by Trevor Sheffield; 02-19-2023 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Addition.