Thread: Leadfoot 2016

Leadfoot 2016

The things you see at Leadfoot!!
    Attached Images Attached Images       

First time for me. Loved it! Thankfully the Sunday weather improved as shown above. After deleting the obvious half missed shots or out of focus, I'm still left with 640 to sort and categorise!

Will post a selection on my Mix of Pics Thread later.

Didn't spot you Ray!

Spotted you Rhys - on the track - even posted a pic on my picture thread! Quite a few of the drivers I missed talking to. Either they weren't with their cars when we were in the paddock, or out up the hill. Several obviously didn't run on the Sunday such as Nigel Russell and Gordon Burr.

I was fortunate to attend this event again on the Sunday only. Rod Millen has certainly got the formula right for spectators with a wide range of cars and motorbikes from Historic to modern, sedate to very quick and standard to spectacular!
    Improved weather on the second day meant there was a vast number of cars in the carpark and people spread all over the venue where good viewing can be had from a variety of positions and the commentary can be heard well from all parts.
    Food and beverage outlets with a good variety of choices seemed to be improved this year with cash being accepted also.
    The pits were also a very popular place to visit with drivers being available for people to have photos with and get autographs etc. Open pits are always fascinating and a chance to see the car's technology close up.
    It sort of reminds me of the old hillclimb days when you could "race what you brung" as long as it got through scutineering. People like to see the unusual and results of people's inventiveness - not too hamstrung by class rules or engine size. Leadfoot seems to get back to this format somewhat although much more professionally done with slick timing and communication that people expect today.
    The drifting cars are a big part of the entertainment also - they keep even the least interested car fans fascinated with their spectacular cornering featuring lots of noise and tyre smoke. It was a reminder of Rod's performances in the V6 Buggy, the Lycoming, Cooper 500's and V8 Coupes, etc that roared up gravel hillclimbs regularly back in the day.
    All in all a good day out and perhaps something to ponder on when considering today's motorsport.
    Spectator areas are pretty good for photography also so I thought I'd share a few here:
    Last edited by BMCBOY; 02-09-2016 at 07:47 PM.

Name:  Darracq-Engine.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  176.6 KB

Name:  Delmont-BMW2002.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  142.7 KB

Name:  Datsun-Firewall.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  175.2 KB

Name:  Fanga-Dan-Commodore.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  127.4 KB

Name:  Dixon-Darracq.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  170.6 KB

Name:  Dove-Monte-Carlo.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  179.6 KB
    Last edited by BMCBOY; 02-09-2016 at 02:25 AM.

The first of Adam Jones mini interview videos from the event - Scott Dixon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xz5QSnyBVY
    Last edited by ERC; 02-10-2016 at 08:48 PM.