Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bisset View Post
Guys,

Thanks for the interest in my articles;

1. Of course Leo had been around a while by '66, but he was stepping up to ANF1, which meant something at the time

2. The article was about the 39, it wasn't intended as a Leo career summary, how much context one includes is a judgement call

3.'Loti', 'twas , Wots , babes etc are bits a slang I use and will continue to

4. Sheppo told me the Youl story, he was the guy I spoke to 'who was there' , you couldn't get any more there than the guy who fettled the car

In other stories sometimes I have specific help, like Derek Kneller in the Matich F5000 story sometimes you can get valuable consensus on topics on forums like TNF, when I have referenced that I have attributed

5. Bartlett didn't ever race a Brabham BT7A to my knowledge, the Mildren Intercontinental Brabham KB raced was BT11A 'IC-3-64'

6. Omissions; about 40% of my content is Australiasian, 85% of the readership is global, so I a biasing the minutae around that! an exception was the Matich article I mention above when I 'really went to town' on minutae only really of interest to those of us in this part of the world

7. People gently correct errors in the articles, just drop me a note on the site or email mark@bisset.com.au , phone 0419 332342
Thank you Ray and Mark for taking the time for such informative, constructive and detailed posts.
May I make a couple of quick points:
I confer with Mark that Bartlett’s car was a Brabham BT11A chassis # IC-3-64. This was the car later restored by Mike Ryves, and I believe may still be for sale.
Ray, Bartlett never drove a BT7A. There were only ever 2 built, IC-1-63 for Matich/Dawson and IC-2-63 for Palmer/Buchanan.
I agree with Mark’s comments on Spencer Martin winning the 1967 Gold Star based on the reliability of his Climax engined Brabham. Of the 5 rounds that year, he won 2, finished 2nd on three occasions, and was so far ahead he retired from racing before the final round.
Geoghegan had a wretched year. With the Repco V8 he won one round and retired from 2 others. He did not start 2 rounds. For the final round he refitted the Climax but still retired.
Ray, re your post #26, I believe Allen never raced the Brabham BT16. He may have privately practiced it and decided it was not to his liking.
Also the site is spelled “primotipo”
Finally in the 2nd photo in the article showing the back of Leo in the Lotus 20, is that Bruce Burr beside him?