Thread: Formula One Technical Developments

Formula One Technical Developments

I know the emphasis on this forum is nostalgia, but I also think it is interesting what work is being developed in F1 for small incremental gains.
    For those locked in the past just keep an open mind on this fascinating article.

After all how many can say they knew or understood:
    Blown Axles
    'S' Ducts
    'Tyre squirt' slots

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/te...1-2016-675335/

World Champion
    Terry,
    I found this F1 information most interesting and thanks for posting this thread.
    This was new stuff for me and I look forward to the new F1 season.
    I was surprised this got a 1 star rating so quickly and would be interested to find out why so I/we can learn of not what to post in the future.
    I think I will go out now and check on my 'Tyre squirt' slots !
    Thanks again Terry for broadening my automotive knowledge.

(Ken Hyndman )
    Last edited by khyndart in CA; 03-04-2016 at 01:48 AM.

This thread is rated as ONE star.
    According to the definitions in FAQ this denotes that it is "TERRIBLE"

Is it really TERRIBLE?

Semi-Pro Racer
    [COLOR="#0000CD"]If that's the case there are many threads with many posts that have no stars at all, they must be really really terrible!! You worry too much Terry/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Mac View Post
    [COLOR="#0000CD"]If that's the case there are many threads with many posts that have no stars at all, they must be really really terrible!! You worry too much Terry/COLOR]
    Jac Mac call me old fashioned but I take a deep personal pride in everything I do.

I therefore do not appreciate being slandered by having my thread described as TERRIBLE.

Nobody has slandered you, and nobody has described your thread as terrible except you. You may get better results and more interest in the topic by posting it in one of the thousands of sites, forums and facebook pages that are dedicated to modern Formula One, rather than a site which across its banner includes the philosophy outline "....For Historic Motor Racing And Motorsport History".
    The reason it has attracted no interest is that it is a topic which folk on here seemingly do not consider relevant to History. And nobody is bagging it as TERRIBLE, it is just your interpretation of receiving a one-star rating. Try posting some historic stuff, and see how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by GD66 View Post
    nobody has described your thread as terrible except you. . And nobody is bagging it as TERRIBLE, it is just your interpretation of receiving a one-star rating. .
    With the greatest respect, these comments are a load of c**p.

It is quite simple really. On the forum index this thread is showing as a ONE star. When one goes to either FAQ, or Rate this thread", a ONE star is noted as TERRIBLE.

So it is not a matter of interpretation, or only me describing it as Terrible. it is there in black and white for all to see on these references.

I hope this clarifies this issue and we can move forward
    Last edited by Terry S; 03-08-2016 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Punctuation'

"It is quite simple really. On the forum index this thread is showing as a ONE star"

Looks like 4 stars on the forum index (4 golds / one grey) at the moment - while most threads go unrated I hadn't even noticed there was a rating function... #storm #teacup?

sorry guy's but who gives a tinker about 'stars', if you like/enjoy it be part of it, if not don't. It's not a contest. Loosen up.

World Champion
    It is March in Melbourne.
    Here we go.
    As Jack Brabham used to say; " When the flag drops, the bullshit stops !"

(Ken Hyndman )
    Last edited by khyndart in CA; 03-18-2016 at 06:30 PM.