Thread: Lotus Super 7 By Perter Bruin

Lotus Super 7 By Perter Bruin

Hi to all i was just wondering if anyone had any info on Lotus Super 7's that Peter Bruin build back in late 60 early 70 it was said he build 6 chassis in New Zealand I just wanted to say i have chassis number 001 and if anyone had any pictures or info of the cars from back then or any history

Yes I do. What do you want to know?

I made all the fibreglass kits for those 6 cars
    , Gulf Motor Bodies is a name i remember concerning these cars,be nice to see a photo sometime,never saw one finished.

There is one in Wellington - or was some years ago. It was owned by Anthony Moult in the Constructors Car Club

Name:  Gulf 7 Anthony Moult Sm.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  48.5 KB

Looks good,thanks for putting that up.

I found a few notes about a Gulf 7 - chassis 1001. Reg was FV1327? Built in 71. Built by Bill Sheills of Mazda Rotary tuning fame and Peter Bruin as said above. The frame or body was built by Kenny Platt and it was white. Raced by Gary McCrystal and David Rutherford. I think there was a few Gulfs which raced together. Also raced or owned by Richard Cunningham and crashed by Leon Marshall (Leon owned Marshall Tyres in Newmarket) Have a note that the Herald upright broke and it was meant to be a Vitesse one. Was in Kerikeri and painted yellow about 10yrs ago.

These were notes from a conversation with Bruce Sorenson but I cant remember if he owned it or not. I have found another note that Kenny Platt bought a genuine S3 and dismantled it to make the copies. Not sure how many were made but I think there were a few. They were unusual as they were replicas made when the originals were still in production - or maybe just finished. They predated the Caterham by 3 or 4 years.