Thread: Roycroft 2016

Roycroft 2016

I attended the Roycroft meeting yesterday and took a few casual shots as usual. Hopefully the more serious photographers will add a few more as there were a few guys wearing high-vis vests with big camera setups around.
    Anyway here are some of mine FYI

Name:  Aston-Martin.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  133.5 KB

Name:  Arden-Head-Mini.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  167.9 KB

Name:  Austin-7-Sports.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  141.3 KB

Name:  Bentley-Dash.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  171.6 KB

Name:  Corvette.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  142.0 KB

Name:  Buckler-Elva.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  163.3 KB

Vangaurd/Vauxhall???

Journeyman Racer
    LIP

World Champion
    It looks a bit odd with those 'mags' on it.......did these still have the knee-action front suspension or had it been dropped. Had one of these as a farm hack back in 1962. I do recall its rather bouncy suspension but cant remember what the front suspension was. A 2 litre 6 cylinder engine of fairly modest hp, but it actually went ok, and like all '6's' made all the right noises, especially when the muffler fell off!!!! The column change rather dampened ones enthusiasm for 'racing changes'. I agree with Ray in having these cars run on a short track......at HD will it be on the new part?
    Last edited by AMCO72; 03-14-2016 at 04:36 AM.

That is what I am suggesting AMCO. Not sure what sort of infrastructure they'll have down there, but I think the old Portakabin/timing box is already in that area. Tony Quinn will no doubt have plans but as it was always envisaged as a stand alone track, no doubt everything will have been planned in advance.

I missed Brian's Marcos too - the only other Volvo 3 litre in NZ apart from mine - but looking so much better!

The Green Vauxhall (not a Standard Ross) I think was just arriving as we left.

Whenever I see those Vauxhalls, I'm reminded of the Sunday when my younger brother was a bit ahead of me, walking to Sunday School, (open road speed limit) when the Vauxhall took a fairly gentle left hander too quickly, spun round and rolled, a matter of yards in front of or just behind my brother. A few seconds earlier/later and without a doubt, he'd have been a goner.
    Last edited by ERC; 03-14-2016 at 07:42 AM.

Awesome photos! Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by BMCBOY View Post

Name:  Vanguard.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  155.3 KB
    Curious wheels. I could be wrong, but they appear to be from a XD Ford Fairmont Ghia.

Advice would be appreciated concerning the current ownership and entry of the late Ralph Watson's very special BSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Sheffield View Post
    Advice would be appreciated concerning the current ownership and entry of the late Ralph Watson's very special BSA.
    The programme shows the driver as Ray Ferner.

Yes, Ray Ferner, PM me for details if you wish Trevor.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    Yes, Ray Ferner, PM me for details if you wish Trevor.
    Great news, as Ralph hoped that the car would remain in use and if possible in competition. Special thanks go to Ray Ferner.

The car represents an engineering first worldwide and is a one off with its revolutionary and unique rotary valve engine. For anyone not in the know, all the technical details as well as the remarkable history of the car can be found here. ----