Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1970 Trans Am Dodge Challenger # 77

ken- if you want some interesting reading - The Classic Twin Cam Engine..Griffith Borgeson.
    Has a lot of early Indy stuff, Yanks wanting exotic Peugeot racing cars having having dry sumped engines, 4 valve per cylinder..........in 1910
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 03-28-2016 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by khyndart in CA View Post
    What started out with a photo that my friend John Adams took of # 77 at Laguna and an old 1970 magazine has been a really neat learning experience for me and thanks for all the comments and inputs.
    Attachment 34316 Attachment 34317
    (published about one month before Bruce McLaren died )

I will leave you with this Trans-Am site that does a wonderful coverage from the past to the present.
    As Roger has said, I need to pay more attention to my work, talk to my wife and give you guys a break from khyndart in Ca. (It has been fun )

http://www.historictransam.com/Drive...llenger77.html

(Ken Hyndman )
    Ken, very sad to hear you are signing off from this forum. I have really enjoyed your posts. We seem to have a lot of interests in common. Thanks, Terry

Sorry to read that Ken, who is Roger.

I want to keep in contact, as enjoyed your company at La Guna Seca and want to catch up again, with time to spare hopefully.

Stay with us please Ken. I for one enjoy your very knowledgeable input.
    Allan

Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    Stay with us please Ken. I for one enjoy your very knowledgeable input.
    Allan
    Ken, have enjoyed everything you have put on this site, don't stop now, all the best & hope to hear from you again soon, cheer's Kev.

World Champion
    Rod,
    "Roger" is another name for a person at work who has monitored my scanning, copying and my time on TRS while at work and was making it an issue. Judy thought no one in NZ is interested in what I was entering now the "shoe box " was empty and I have to take more care of her etc. So I thought I had better close this down. But after 24 hours and getting some encouraging comments and having a talk to "Roger" to chill out etc. I am going to stick around until further notice. OK ?
    ( Laguna awaits us ! )
    Cheers,
    Ken

(

Ken - don't give us all a fright like that. Yes this site can become quite addictive and we all get quite wound up in it. Looking forward to some more of your great input. The shoe box might be empty but the old memory cells aren't so keep making your comments. Hopefully I can make it to Laguna Seca next time and catch up with you in person.
    We all appreciate that which everyone brings to such a forum. Plenty of stuff I hadn't heard before and photos that are new.

Ken absolutely wonderful news that you are going to stay on. Really look forward to more interesting posts.

In the following is the FIA Homologation papers for the '70 Challenger.
    Interesting that they had to be signed off by the manufacturer and that 2,500 had to be made.
    Refer the 17 orange boxes across the top.
    I can't seem to see any mention of brakes, but may have missed it.

http://www.challengertaregistry.com/scca_trans_am.html

Also interesting to look at the other pages of the site listed down LH side.

Again so pleased you are staying on, Terry
    Last edited by Terry S; 03-29-2016 at 04:21 AM.

Ok, now we have that sorted, Ken, of you go and find another shoe box (a big bugger at that), just spread your time between us and "Roger' and all be good.

PS if needed we can look after Roger, have contacts.

World Champion
    GD66,
    I tried sending you a PM. It stated there is no space left. Perhaps I will have to come over in person !

(Ken H )

Ken- yep, jump on a plane today, you will be here for Legends of Speed, you can see Historic Muscle Cars, Sports Sedans and I will take you to the freshly painted Team Cambridge Monaro which is 10 minutes from the track.
    Hows that shoe box looking now........ NZ$699 return LA -AK
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 03-30-2016 at 09:54 PM.

World Champion
    Geez John,
    That does sound so tempting. Do you need my NZ bank acct # so you can deposit the money for the ticket ?
    Seriously John, I think with Judy not doing so good we will probably stick pretty close to home this year, but my Moss boss is heading to NZ about May and I wondered if you would mind if he contacted you ? He is a good man but I need you to email your contact information again please.
    Thanks again for the invite.
    Cheers,
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by khyndart in CA View Post
    GD66,
    I tried sending you a PM. It stated there is no space left. Perhaps I will have to come over in person !(Ken H )

Good to go now, son