Thread: Photo Request: Waggott TC4V Images Required

Photo Request: Waggott TC4V Images Required

Folks, many of you will be familiar with the much celebrated American motoring writer Pete Lyons. He is an authority on the Can-Am series, but has been writing about most facets of the sport since the 1960s.

Pete just got in touch with me asking for photos to help with a Vintage Motorsport magazine story he is compiling. Please see below:

"I'm a US magazine writer looking for photos showing Merv Waggott and/or his TC4V 1600 and 2000 engine of 1969-71. These are to accompany an article I'm writing for Vintage Motorsport, the US bi-monthly. I am corresponding with Peter Waggott, who has emailed me a few family photos, but I'd like to find a larger selection. They must be in a resolution high enough for print publication, on the order of 1200 pixels [4 inches at 300 ppi] or hopefully more in width. As this is commercial usage, we can discuss fees, and of course full credit will be given. Are you able to help us, or can you suggest other sources? Thanks very much. Pete Lyons USA-California".

If you have images that would be of use, please email me at: theroaringseason@gmail.com

Here is one of Bill Pottinger's images:

Name:  waggott.jpg
Views: 948
Size:  150.3 KB

Semi-Pro Racer
    Steve
    Have pm'd you
    Ellis

Here is a photo taken at Pukekohe of the Alex Mildren car which I am sure is the car in the Pottinger shot above.

Here is a photo taken at Pukekohe of the Alex Mildren car which I am sure is the same car as in the Pottinger shot above. Max Stewart was the driver.

Last edited by kiwi285; 03-28-2016 at 09:08 AM.

Semi-Pro Racer
    [QUOTE=kiwi285;52039]Here is a photo taken at Pukekohe of the Alex Mildren car which I am sure is the same car as in the Pottinger shot above. Max Stewart was the driver.

No. The car in the Pottinger is the mono also known as the Yellow Submarine. Max's car was a spaceframe. Compare the rollbars and the back of the chassis.
    Dale.

Semi-Pro Racer
    [QUOTE=kiwi285;52039]Here is a photo taken at Pukekohe of the Alex Mildren car which I am sure is the same car as in the Pottinger shot above. Max Stewart was the driver.

No. The car in the Pottinger is the mono also known as the Yellow Submarine. Max's car was a spaceframe. Compare the rollbars and the back of the chassis.
    Dale.

World Champion
    This site seems to have some interesting comments and inputs.
    http://forums.autosport.com/topic/66317-waggott/

World Champion
    Here are some pix I found at "sixmoment.com/waggott" site.
    Name:  Waggott TC4V # 1.jpg
Views: 899
Size:  68.9 KB
    Name:  Waggott TC4V # 3.jpg
Views: 958
Size:  141.8 KB
    Name:  Waggott TC4V #2.jpg
Views: 857
Size:  81.2 KB
    Name:  Waggott Flathead side-Valve coverjpg.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  130.8 KB

(Ken Hyndman )

I'm sure that the current owner of the Submarine, Bruce (?) Ayers would have some pics...

Lionel, his father, had bits for three engines. Dismantled engines and internal shots of major components should not be too hard for him.

That thread on TNF certainly has a lot of information about extraneous stuff to do with the engine. Power outputs, history of construction, lesser-known usage etc.

Double post due to error message sent in error.

World Champion
    I wish I could read the display board.

Name:  Mildren-Waggott-Yellow-Submarine-wner-Bruce-Ayers-Trapnell-Crations-pic.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  179.8 KB