Folks, many of you will be familiar with the much celebrated American motoring writer Pete Lyons. He is an authority on the Can-Am series, but has been writing about most facets of the sport since the 1960s.

Pete just got in touch with me asking for photos to help with a Vintage Motorsport magazine story he is compiling. Please see below:

"I'm a US magazine writer looking for photos showing Merv Waggott and/or his TC4V 1600 and 2000 engine of 1969-71. These are to accompany an article I'm writing for Vintage Motorsport, the US bi-monthly. I am corresponding with Peter Waggott, who has emailed me a few family photos, but I'd like to find a larger selection. They must be in a resolution high enough for print publication, on the order of 1200 pixels [4 inches at 300 ppi] or hopefully more in width. As this is commercial usage, we can discuss fees, and of course full credit will be given. Are you able to help us, or can you suggest other sources? Thanks very much. Pete Lyons USA-California".

If you have images that would be of use, please email me at: theroaringseason@gmail.com

Here is one of Bill Pottinger's images:

Name:  waggott.jpg
Views: 952
Size:  150.3 KB