Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barry Algie

[QUOTE=ERC;52198]I didn't know then who it was standing by that Alfetta, but I fell in love with that car then and so pleased that Gordon has it out there now.

This photo is Barry and there is a story to go with this also. I have told it on other thread, involving a traffic officer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    That is Nevil, the youngest brother.

This is Barry and there is a story to this which I reported on another thread, it involved a traffic officer myself and Ian in a classic conversation while Barry made himself look busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    This is Barry and there is a story to this which I reported on another thread, it involved a traffic officer myself and Ian in a classic conversation while Barry made himself look busy.

It absolutely is Neville, but don't worry Drifty, plenty of people have been confused over exactly which
    Algie is which, even, in the court room where charges have been thrown out over said confusion

Barrys funeral will be delayed until Ian arrives back from the USA.,this means it will be next week.
    The family understand a lot of people want to attend to pay their respects.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Clark View Post
    I didn't know Barry as well as I knew his brother Ian but he was certainly one of a kind. He raced a bike at the first Grand Prix on Pukekohe and had no shortage of bravery.

Entry list for the 1964 Senior TT at Pukekohe 1964

Name:  puke senior tt 64.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  183.6 KB

"He did it his way"

A service for Barry will be held on Saturday 16 April at the All Saints Chapel, Purewa Crematorium, 100 St Johns Road, Meadowbank at 12pm. -

See more at: http://notices.nzherald.co.nz/obitua....1gDqEobU.dpuf