Thread: New Zealand Speedway Photos Wanted

New Zealand Speedway Photos Wanted

Just wondering if we have any speedway fans here? Am looking for both new and old photos for my Kiwi Speedway Culture book. Can anyone help?

Hi Steve, See Kiwi Speedway Culture Book thread..........May be of slight interest

The politics of Synergy Racing vs a reasonably well known speedway enthusiast is an interesting saga if you haven't come across it.

Old Baypark fb page has a fair smattering.

Jack Boots Riley Speedway car

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Just wondering if we have any speedway fans here? Am looking for both new and old photos for my Kiwi Speedway Culture book. Can anyone help?
    A speedway type car that was famous, Jack Boot owned it and later Ron Roycroft - seen here at Huntly Cinder Track - Speedway in the 1940, Jack Boot in the car, photo from Eddie Dowding's collection

Name:  Jack Boot - Riley Special  cinder track Huntly mid 1940's #4 17-05-2015 02;16;37PM (640x475).jpg
Views: 743
Size:  141.2 KB

Steve, can rescan and send as have an Original print and it is a good size, let me know !!
    cheers

Roger D ..

Thanks for your replies folks. I've posted on the Macgors forum, but am looking for specific car images of drivers as follows:

Blondie Chamberlain
    Murray Gordge
    Maurice Cowling
    Albert Gordge
    Bruce Robertson

Blondie in his early days.

The Egmont Village kid.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks Woody, great photo! Did you take it?

Just wondering here if anyone has photos of Murray Gordge in his Rover Saloon, plus any of his Modifieds? Its for my speedway book. Barry Brown has kindly supplied me photos of some of Murray's Modifieds, but I'm keen to get more if possible.

I've spotted a couple on the Macgors site, but haven't been able to get hold of the owners to ask permission.

If you can help, please email me at: theroaringseason@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

World Champion
    Hi Steve, I tried to send these as a PM but could not find the add attachment button, anyway, I came across this article while looking for something else, its from 1980

Name:  DSC_0164.JPG
Views: 491
Size:  180.2 KB

Name:  DSC_0165.JPG
Views: 492
Size:  173.2 KB

Name:  DSC_0166.JPG
Views: 497
Size:  164.9 KB

Name:  DSC_0167.JPG
Views: 480
Size:  176.6 KB