Thread: Tasman Series Memoirs 1968-71

Tasman Series Memoirs 1968-71

TRS regulars will be aware of the superb photography of Bill Pottinger - well, at the urging of friends and family he has selected the best of them for his book 'Tasman Series Memoirs 1968-71'

500 were printed and it was launched by Tim Shadbolt at Teretonga in late February. Already Bill has passed the half way stage in terms of sales so if you want one, this is unlikely to be a case of thinking you'll get one soon or wait until they're on special.

Bill is selling them himself or you can pick one up from the Bill Richardson Transport Museum in Invercargill or from Highlands. Bill can be contacted on rowbillpotty@xtra.co.nz

The book covers Tasman cars, 5000s, the National Formula, Sports, Saloons and Club cars - something for everyone.

Sorry Bill...

...and the book also covers the Gold Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Clark View Post
    Sorry Bill...

...and the book also covers the Gold Star!
    Name:  Ross & Bill 74GTX.jpg
Views: 955
Size:  97.2 KBName:  Bill Pottinger.jpg
Views: 889
Size:  85.3 KB

Is this the same Bill Pottinger?

Yes it is Ross!

I thought I was seeing things when I saw that photo of your Datsun 1200 and my Mini Clubman GT at my parents place at Otatara after being in a Castrol GTX race at nearby Teretonga.!!
    Great times!!

Best Wishes

Bill Pottinger

Bill , I see the Datsun 1200 & mini clubman , but the green mini , was that Tony Shanks mini K 1100cc as he ran one the same colour for a couple of years in our class ?

Hi Grant

No it's my blue Mini Clubman GT, but the colour is hard to make out as it's an old photo of Ross's.

Must get you a copy of my book, there are some people in it that you will know!!

The Datsun 1200 was my car which I ran in the SI GTX series in 1973 (I think)
    This meeting was the last of the SI series so I sold the car to Ron Rutherford prior to moving to Melbourne.
    Great times.

Ross Hudson