Hello everyone, Ive just found this site and joined straight up. By way of introduction I'm in Perth Western Australia and have been campaigning an original Fiat 125T for about 8 years in Historic motorsport mostly here in W.A.,with various trips to other circuits in the east.
Attachment 35814
I have a well compiled history file on the car including all photo copies of the registration book. I believe, as other previous owners have, that this car competed at the B&H 500 in 72 but as yet I have no actual proof. I would be grateful if we could, with input from the knowledgeable members of this forum, find this out. The original number plate was GG7963 (I still have those plates) and the car was first registered to Town & Country Cars Auckland in August 1972. This car went on to have some 14 owners between then and June 1974 (including Maurice Thompson for a while in 73) according to these records. I do have a photo that was published in the Australian publication Sports Car World in 1973 showing this car crossed up coming out of a corner with all the sponsors logos still in place.
Name:  Nationals2.jpg
Views: 1669
Size:  122.7 KB
I will try and get that photo and the article scanned and post it here.
Any info greatly accepted. If anyone has any questions about the ins and outs of keeping on of these fantastic NZ only cars in active competition then just ask.
Cheers
Steve