Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Photos: The Allan Porter Collection - Part 1

Wow Duncan, that '32 roadster is just so cool! Where is it now?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Back to Bay Park now and its 'Puppy Love', the Dave Chung (of Berry & Chung speed equipment) '56 Chevy sedan. This is still a drag car today, owned and raced by Reece Fish, though it looks very different.

Attachment 36170
    Photo taken in 2010 the Reece Fish 56 Chevy with over 2000hp and a Reg and WOF this is NZs quickest streetcar has run 7.4 at over 180mph at Meremere dragstripName:  a.jpg
Views: 903
Size:  163.6 KBName:  b.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  126.8 KBName:  c.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  126.9 KBName:  d.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  132.3 KBName:  e.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  131.8 KBName:  f.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  128.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Wow Duncan, that '32 roadster is just so cool! Where is it now?
    Steve,

Terry Ferguson in Hamilton changed the car and make it more of a street rod than show car and then sold it Into the UK. It was a 30 Ford roadster on a 34 frame. Built by Gary Sword and Peter Barnett. At one time it was NZ's top hot rod/show car. Genuine 57 Vette engine ex hydroplane. with 6 x 2 barrel carbs Many a Friday night spent racing in Queen street. My mother never liked riding in it , the doors popped open when I gave it a shoefull.
    Last edited by duncan fox; 07-21-2017 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by duncan fox View Post
    Steve,

Terry Ferguson in Hamilton changed the car and make it more of a street rod than show car and then sold it Into the UK. It was a 30 Ford roadster on a 34 frame. Built by Gary Sword and Peter Barnett. At one time it was NZ's top hot rod/show car. Genuine 57 Vette engine ex hydroplane. with 6 x 2 barrel carbs Many a Friday night spent racing in Queen street. My mother never liked riding in it , the doors popped open when I gave it a shoefull.
    Thanks Duncan. Cool car.

Quote Originally Posted by duncan fox View Post
    Steve,

Hey Duncan, brings back vague memories of a couple of local ‘hoods’ in a cut down ’30 sports coupe powered by a dirty old Y Block giving that genuine ’57 vette powered roadster a run for it’s money down Eastern Beach one night. Couldn’t that strip of tarmac, tell a few stories !