Thread: Tony Lowe

Tony Lowe

I have been lurking and keeping in touch with the site for some time now , I don't get out and about much these days so live my motor sport through others these days.
    an number ofM
    I have owned and raced MG,s , the Mallock U2 , E Type jag , The Jim Boyde Buckler ( sold last year to Kerikeri ) and the odd saloon.As Well a rather rare 1971 Honda 9c 1300 Saloon.

My main project is Ron Roycrofts 1915 Studebaker raceabout, If Grant McMillan can ever figure how to share it off his phone , there is a clip of it starting mid last year and running for the first time in over 50 yrs.It is about 80% complete,
    It could well have some examples of galvanizing Ron and his mate developed.
    Would be keen to hear more about the car if anyone knows anything.Or anyone with parts .

I have the odd one or two hundred SU carbs and parts, ( who else is mad enough to spend 50 yrs hoarding SU,s)

And after some high tech surgery I might be getting back out to the tracks and watch you all playing next year..Fingers crossed.

tony lowe

Good to see you here Tony. Would be good to see you about. I guess you know the Buckler is now in the UK, hopefully temporarily.

I was disappointed to find it went to the UK, I hope it is just so he can show it to his very elderly friend that was excited about the car and will be back in NZ . He seemed good straight up guy and assured me it would be left in NZ for him to play with when he was down here for the summers.
    I had already trued down somewhat more from a UK buyer because I wanted it to stay in NZ . But one can only do what one can .

I hope to get the go ahead to get the old 1962 Charlie Conway / Naidu period turbo charged MGB back ready for the circuit , if Renton gets a move on it will be ready for this summer..
    Love to see any old photo's of the like..

tony

Hi Tony, welcome to The Roaring Season. I'm sorry for not welcoming you sooner. I'm getting slack!