Quote Originally Posted by Steve Emson View Post
Hi Steve,
I think Dads car was entered by Torino motors as well. I was still at school and must have been 15 at the time. 'Our' T came as a virtually standard car without the engine mods. I ran this car in for Dad up and down the motoway in Auckland for what seems like ages. Doug Bremner who always drove with Dad in the B & H and Wills races fitted the carburettors and stuff at P & R Motors from memory. This was later, after I had run the car in. I was at Puke for the test day when all these cars ran. Remember it well because Dad was the quickest. In the race he was the leading car until a flat tyre sort of buggered the race for them. I do not think we had a spare handy and they lost a lot of time.
They were good fun cars to drive. I think i am right saying Doug tried tuning this car a few different ways, however ended up putting it back to std specs. It was quick, however as the son speaking here, i think that had a little to do with the drivers and not the car being anything special.
These cars are all special as far as the model is concerned of course! I guess i was the only 15 yo school boy who actually knew how these things performed. Flat out out the back of Papakura, ...................we were very naughty in those days.
Regards to you,
Steve E
Hi Steve, yes your Dad raced #31 at the 72 B&H with Doug.

Milan has put the entry list up on 72 B&H thread on TRS.

Great photo

Cheers