Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fiat 125T

Thanks Mike, I will have a look.

This is the Michael Draper/Roger Hood car from the 1972 B&H.

Name:  img792.jpg
Views: 1793
Size:  82.4 KB

Name:  800.jpg
Views: 1669
Size:  116.3 KB

Dads 125T

Weekend Warrior
    125T at Phillip Island Classic 2017.
    Hi all, a note to let those of you who may be attending the Phillip Island Classic event in March, that my ex B&H 500 works 125T will be competing in this years event. We will set off on our big road trip (from Perth) next weekend the 12th and tow the car over. The car will also be wearing it's original GG7963 number plates over the weekend. Sorry I wasn't able to secure the original race number of 33 but will be wearing No 70.
    A recently built engine has been bedded in for a couple of events and she should be ready for action.
    Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 1584
Size:  131.6 KB
    Please look us up in the paddock if you are attending.
    Cheers
    Steve

Hi Steve, where did you get the curved trumpets from ?

Good luck for the meeting.

Cheers
    Bruce

Weekend Warrior
    Hi Bruce, they are Alfa GTA Ram Tubes. Available from international suppliers such as Classic Alfa and are available for both 40mm and 45mm carbs. I use them because they allow me to "arrange" them away from the shockie tower. They are retained by a ring which allows free rotation and clamped by washers.

Cheers
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    Roger, the only red one was the sample car set up at Town and Country Cars for Torino Motors.
    Which ended up in ChCh in 1975/77 as my then soon to be brother-in-law had it.
    Last edited by tonttu; 02-26-2017 at 10:14 AM.

Weekend Warrior
    Hi Everyone an update on GG7963 has been up to recently. Here is a report that appeared in the US based online magazine Veloce Today.

http://www.velocetoday.com/and-how-4...-formula-cars/

Name:  125T.jpg
Views: 1338
Size:  100.6 KB

The 125"T" I built for Ross Macdonald back in the early 1980s out of a rusty shell and a box of bits. We had a lot of fun for not a lot of money like a lot of other folks back then. Maramarua rallysprint 1985 me driving. Milan Fistonic photo from Milan's facebook page

Thanks for these posts. I was in New Zealand as a school kid at the time of the 125 T. My Dad had the standard 125 as a company car and did we enjoy that. They were so far ahead of their time. Being in Peth WA I must get to see this car in action. I did club race a 131 Superbrava back in the eighties, grass track, speedway days where we hired a track.

Weekend Warrior
    Wow I hope he gets what he is looking for. The car looks authentic as a 125T, though it is painted up in the livery of my car and probably doesn't have the Race history suggested by that livery.

Steve

Steve- Did you see the H 2098- Historic Vehicle sticker. MSNZ dont hand these out because you have put some period stickers on

I believe this is one of the "T's" that raced in the 72 B&H.

Weekend Warrior
    Thanks John,
    I did see the H 2098 sticker and have no doubt that MSNZ don't issue them easily. As I said this car looks to be the "real deal" as being a good 125T but the original livery for the B&H 500 is not correct according to all the records I have been able to ascertain. If you have read earlier in this thread you will see where I found out my car's B&H history. GG7963 (I physically have those plates not just photos) was raced with No33 in the event. I also have copies of the original registration book which links the chassis number to the rego number. Both the chassis number - as photographed and the rego number do not match this.
    Steve

Here's a shot of the number 33 125T in the race.

Name:  img206.jpg
Views: 923
Size:  91.9 KB