Thread: Nissan Mobil Brock Sierra Pic's Required

Weekend Warrior

Nissan Mobil Brock Sierra Pic's Required

Hi Guys,
    Just wondering if anyone has photos of the Brock Miedecke Sierra from the December 1990 Nissan Mobil series.
    I have a project happening at the moment and wanted images of as it ran in Wellington and Pukekohe.
    Any angle shots including the door Nissan Mobil signage would be great as I only have a newspaper attached to go on so far.
    Thanks in advance for any assistance

Name:  1990-12 Mobil 1 Sierra Pukekohe PB-Miedecke Winners (Last Sierra Race).jpg
Views: 1453
Size:  102.9 KB

Hi Les, this is great! Good luck with the pics. I'm sure someone on here will have something. Would you like me to post this on our Facebook page?

I've seen very few images of the car in it's 1990 spec, and I tend to save every image I see of magnificent Fords like this one, but I recently find this one somewhere on the net - apologies to the unknown photographer, but thanks!!

Weekend Warrior
    Thankyou superford

Foot in mouth department : I was going to point out that I'd seen that Andrew Miedecke is restoring just such a car, then it dawned that's probably why you want the pics....

I'll get me coat....

I had a bit of a dig through some old magazines and scanned these for you. I hope they help!

There were some differences from Wellington to Puke;

And lastly, this two page spread scanned from the NZ Speedsport 1991 Annual - I'm sorry I don't have an A3 scanner, but I figure you're looking for some detail;

Quote Originally Posted by Les Laidlaw View Post
    Thankyou superford
    You're very welcome. Now can you please keep us all updated with photos of the rebuild. Thanks in advance!

Weekend Warrior
    They are really helpful superford, thanks again, Here is a couple of pic's but I will do a build thread at some stage

Name:  IMG_5599.JPG
Views: 1027
Size:  130.2 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Currently still overseas, but I may have pics from Pukekohe. I'm only back in NZ for a few days then away again for another 3 weeks...

Weekend Warrior
    Its coming together well, We are just after a clear door series sticker Nissan Mobil 500 shot if possible

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Les Laidlaw View Post
    Its coming together well, We are just after a clear door series sticker Nissan Mobil 500 shot if possible

Thanks again
    This is as good as I can do for you - hope it helps.

Please keep us up to date with your resto - I love the fact there is going to be a car of such significance restored to "Nissan Mobil 500" colours - not just another yawn Bathurst livery.

Weekend Warrior
    Thanks once again Superford, the car is now sitting on its wheels for the first time in about 25 years, we have the signwriter coming to take photos of the car then he scales it to the signwriting of the photos of the car in the day....... doing this livery as its the last race for this car with both of them driving together and winning the Puke race and series over there.

Thanks for the update Les. Really looking forward to seeing more!

And here is the finished result - Stunning !!!!! Well done Les and team. I hope you can share some more photos of this beauty when time allows.

Photo credit; from the Bowdens Own Facebook Page

Wow, that looks amazing! What an incredible result. Congratulations to everyone involved.