Thread: In Memoriam, Ralph Watson.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Sheffield View Post
    Good news. If it stays within the family it is likely to remain preserved. It has been sculptured very well and there is certainly sufficient excellent detail. I have a single copy of my book waiting for a good home and if you do not already have one, I would like you to have it so that it can be partnered with and remain with the the model. Send me a PM.
    What a great thought Trevor, as we know " Chaindrive " has made many great models of " significant " New Zealand Cars,both Specials and well known Imported racers - from the 1950's to more recent.

" Chaindrive " - next project could be the Ralph Watson BSA Special - I have a number of photos of the car taken by " Spgeti " plus a few of my own, and many borrowed from Trevor's book.
    [I have the revised Edition in Book form and the Original as a link on my Laptop ]. Plus some photos from others.

Last photo I took of the car was 2017 at Chelsea Walsh, the last time the event was run. Ray Ferner through the sweeper

This from 1985 at Maioro Road, Otaua, near Waiuku, the Austin Healey Club Hill Climb.
    I see a mention in Trevors Book that ;
    " The following events were entered after the car had returned early in 1985 to where it began its second life as a special, .. "

It mentions
    " Classic Car Race Meeting,Whenuapai Airfield "
    " Two hillclimb events "

The photo would have been at one of the two hillclimbs

Name:  BSA Special #135 AHCCNZ Otaua Hill Climb 1985 BSA special Ralph Watsons car - driver not sure CC.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  143.5 KB
    Last edited by Roger Dowding; 08-29-2020 at 12:19 AM.