Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cyclekarts

A good resource for this is the "CycleKart Forum" . If you want to follow some awesome builds they are on there. Mine is the "Belated ERA Build" http://www.cyclekartclub.com/phorum/read.php?2,1117
    If I knew how to post the link I would but google is your friend! The link above might work but...

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    A good resource for this is the "CycleKart Forum" . If you want to follow some awesome builds they are on there. Mine is the "Belated ERA Build" http://www.cyclekartclub.com/phorum/read.php?2,1117
    If I knew how to post the link I would but google is your friend! The link above might work but...
    Thanks for the link Rhys, link worked fine. Love how you have done the dashboard and those hubcaps look great as well.

World Champion

Now we see the Tieton Grand Prix! Next year should be the "1st International Tieton Cycle Kart Grand Prix" with an NZ rep!

World Champion
    might have to stick a Honda badge over the Stihl Rhys

Quote Originally Posted by bry3500 View Post
    might have to stick a Honda badge over the Stihl Rhys
    Not me with the Stihl ! I stuck with the "Classic Formula". Now that the ERA is going, I am planning a Thomas Flatiron.

Name:  P2160590.JPG
Views: 1398
Size:  57.3 KB

Current state of the ERA (just to keep the thread alive). CKs are committed to Roycroft lunchtime somehow. Bugatti, ERA and Vauxhall Coupe de L'auto at this stage

Just to re start this thread, we now believe there will be 3 running CKs at Roycroft, as listed above, except that the Bugatti is a different one to the one I expected.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

World Champion
    Where did that 'Tieton GP' take place? Don't think MSNZ would approve of the spectator safety and control, 'racing' on suburban streets.

By the way, much as I think these look to be great fun, could you tell me how they fit into the Roycroft Trophy meeting, even if confined to a lunch time 'parade'. All the old 'spidery' hill climbers were front engined at least.

Does this mean I can bring the MG 1300 out to do some skids?

As I read it, the newest component must be older than December 1960 to be able to compete. Next it will be Hyabussa powered mini saloons!!

Will be watching with interest, especially the pre 60 saloons.

Tieton is a town in Washington state, USA.

Roycroft lunchtime "parades" are held under strict conditions with no overtaking, lead car etc. MGs were a feature in a previous event and there were absolutely huge numbers. "Skids" simple answer ... No
    "Other" things in the spirit of the event are by invitation, hence the Vintage Speedway group, often with newer components, but they don't race, they circulate at a pace discussed with them as a group. The cyclekarts have yet to be agreed for any track time, and what that format might be. They may simply be on display, static and mobile this time, but it is an opportunity for two things. For the CK enthusiasts to be in one place at one time, and secondly for others to be told of the breed

World Champion

Silly as it may sound, I am just back from a trip to the Seattle area where I raced with these Gittreville guys. We had a total of 5 events over the weekend, Friday night street blasts, Saturday in the orchard for the Campbell Cup, Driving Tests (like a motorkhana) a hillclimb in the orchard on Sunday, followed by the Tieton Grand Prix.
    These cars are incredibly capable. Around 50 mph on the road, cope with very rough conditions on the orchard tracks, and handle just great.
    Check out www.gittrevillegp.com, both the blog and Tieton 2014, then look at the cars section. More to come, and possible that a 40 foot container of their cars may come to NZ next year!!!

Great pics on that link Rhys, certainly looks like an amazing event you attended.
    A 40 foot container could hold enough cars to make up a grid that would even put a smile on ERCs face..
    Would be a brilliant sight, what spectator friendly course would they attack?
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 07-06-2014 at 10:16 PM.

World Champion

World Champion

World Champion

Thanks Bry! I might need to take lessons in how to post the links
    John, we are under negotiation, a "track near you" is possible, using a part as a "there and back". Turns 1.5 to 5.25 and back as a loop is very doable.

World Champion
    No worries Rhys
    How did the E.R.A. go?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    Thanks Bry! I might need to take lessons in how to post the links
    John, we are under negotiation, a "track near you" is possible, using a part as a "there and back". Turns 1.5 to 5.25 and back as a loop is very doable.

I did not take a car, which was probably just as well as I got to drive almost all the other cars. My favourite was the Bloody Mary although an "experimental failure" put paid to that. The Peugeot is an exceptionally well behave car. It gave me 3rd in the Campbell cup with "Anonymous" and 3rd in the Tieton fast group.. drove the Birkin Bentley after tune up work, and that is seriously quick. The Thomas is a great all round car. Every car is subtley different, but the outcomes surprisingly similar. As yet no "right" answers but truck loads of hints. These are VERY cool. I did this on a bit of a bucket list and have now decided you are allowed to re-do bucket list things. I WILL go back. Next time with other Kiwis and a car or two???