Thread: Paul forgie

Weekend Warrior

Paul forgie

Hi guys
    Right can anyone remember Paul forgie racing his pre 65 Anglia in n z before he went to the overseas i have the car and its at Barry leitch motorsport getting ready to go back on the track Barry is having trouble tracking down the history of the Anglia all we know is Paul can't remember who he brought it off in the 90s it was red white and blue had number 88 on it i have the original doors with Paul's name on them trouble is we need to know who built the Anglia to get it signed off some one out there must remember Paul racing and the car Barry said whoever built it knew what they were doing if anyone can help get a hold off Barry or message me on here thought Paul Lancaster might know but can't get a hold of him cheers John

Long shot John but at a race meeting at Teretonga June 1977 there was an Anglia entered #88 R. Haines.
    Dave Brown [builder of fine cars] was racing at this time maybe could rule it in or out!
    Since you have the doors from Paul's car a little forensic investigation as to the paint colour underneath could provide some interesting hard facts to follow up on.
    It would be great to find out who the builder was!!
    Last edited by Kwaussie; 09-11-2016 at 11:14 AM.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Russ Haines still races in SFOS series and should be around Ashburton for most of any year.

This looks like a well built likely contender!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Semi-Pro Racer
    Pretty sure its not that car, how ever AM6180 does have quite a bit of history if it still exists.

Weekend Warrior
    this is what car looks like now

Weekend Warrior
    This will be that car that Kwaussie refers to as having raced at Teretonga in 1977 by R Haines.

These photos seen here were taken at a club race day, Ruapuna park and later at a local hillclimb.
    After this, it was raced in OSCA as #88 , and that was for only a very brief time..
    we don't have a pic of it in Osca trim, slick tyres , Door numbers etc, but Someone in southland - Invercargill area may have a photo.

.The car was sold soon after and later on, around 1981, the car ended up in Balclutha , converted back to a street car & owned by peter Thompson and re- registered as AD7727.
    later again it was on sold by peter , to a guy who later Rolled it .
    its not known by us where the car went after that , or if it has survived,
    Last edited by Rascal; 09-20-2016 at 08:44 AM.

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
    This will be that car that Kwaussie refers to as having raced at Teretonga in 1977 by R Haines.

These photos seen here were taken at a club race day, Ruapuna park and later at a local hillclimb.
    After this, it was raced in OSCA as #88 , and that was for only a very brief time..
    we don't have a pic of it in Osca trim, slick tyres , Door numbers etc, but Someone in southland - Invercargill area may have a photo.

.The car was sold soon after and later on, around 1981, the car ended up in Balclutha , converted back to a street car & owned by peter Thompson and re- registered as AD7727.
    later again it was on sold by peter , to a guy who later Rolled it .
    its not known by us where the car went after that , or if it has survived,
    Thanks guys for your help we still having no luck in tracking anything down it might just have to gather another 20 years of dust cheers

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by john mackley View Post
    Thanks guys for your help we still having no luck in tracking anything down it might just have to gather another 20 years of dust cheers
    That would be a shame, why not compete in Pre65, OSCA, or clubmans depending on what rules you wish to comply with and create some fresh history for the car, a lot of anglia and cortina plus others from that era spent time under all of those class's, after all, you race cars, not pieces of paper, some people seem to forget that! Have you got hold of GT-Graeme Taylor ex Balclutha now Timaru, used to own the wrecking yard in Balclutha and is still involved in car club stuff plus history.

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac Mac View Post
    That would be a shame, why not compete in Pre65, OSCA, or clubmans depending on what rules you wish to comply with and create some fresh history for the car, a lot of anglia and cortina plus others from that era spent time under all of those class's, after all, you race cars, not pieces of paper, some people seem to forget that! Have you got hold of GT-Graeme Taylor ex Balclutha now Timaru, used to own the wrecking yard in Balclutha and is still involved in car club stuff plus history.
    Hi jac I'm not giving up just yet been couple of weeks since been into Barry's for a catch up about Anglia I'm sure we will get it sorted hoping to have it at speed fest in Feb if we knew who built it we would be racing now Barry talked to Paul and he can't remember who he brought it off i thought it might be Dave love groves old car but not sure it's really annoying all these rules but i guess safety first cheers jac Mac

I believe the #88 car original paint color was dark green. I personally ripped the original wiring out of it & rewired it , also cut out the bonnet & boot under structures with a gas torch.
    Cheers