Thread: Kieran Wills/Phil Henley Group A Skyline R30

Kieran Wills/Phil Henley Group A Skyline R30

i live in Wellington New Zealand and I own the ex Kieran Wills and Phil Henley R30 skyline that Ive been currently rebuilding.when I got it approx 3 years ago it was all set up for a chevy v8. So I decided to carry on with this for now. However I do have a donar car sitting down the back to one day put it back to how it last raced at the Wellington steeet race in 1987 where it crashed.

Reason for joining up here was because I was searching keiran wills trying to find photos of my car.and sore a post on here of someone saying they thought my car was written off but it wasn't �� Has been sitting in a shed since and now all going well will get back on the track next month for a shake down

I just copied this over from the New Members section, as I thought someone on here could help with some period pics and info, and because this is an interesting car with history.

Phil Henley can be found in the Auckland phone book.

I only have a shot of it crashed. (Hopefully this shows up, I need to move all my Photobucket shots to Flickr or Imgur).

"Sorry Mr K., it's not your day."

Thats a great photo. Is my mind playing tricks on me or was this car also painted in a similar scheme to the Peter Jackson cars, only where they had blue paint, this one was red or some other colour?

World Champion
    Steve, you will see it in the colour scheme you are thinking of here, on the grid behind Grice.

Thats the one Sean! Thanks. Who built this car?

World Champion
    Judging from this, and its just a guess at this stage Tony Marsh? Maybe even CMR

http://www.theroaringseason.com/show...henley+skyline

World Champion
    Here is a screenshot from that race, driven here by Wills and geoff burrows. It was financed by Cran Judge

Name:  vlcsnap-2016-11-22-10h39m28s281.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  87.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by seaqnmac27 View Post
    Here is a screenshot from that race, driven here by Wills and geoff burrows. It was financed by Cran Judge

Name:  vlcsnap-2016-11-22-10h39m28s281.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  87.2 KB
    Cran Judge - great benefactor and motivator of many NZ drivers.