Great to see those wonderful pictures Milan. Amazing you still have those wonderful Revell, Cox and Russkit boxes. I don't remember there being many American slot car kits around during the years of 1968 through to 1972, when we were huge fans of slot racing. Was wondering was that why you organised your sister in Sydney to try and source the Cox and Russkit cars? I had mainly Japanese kits which included an early Tamiya built up slot racer with a 1956 Lancia Ferrari Formula body. I still have the much modified chassis, but alas the Ferrari body is long gone. I'm advised like a lot of these early slot cars, they're worth a princely sum these days if they're complete.

Recently I bought an unassembled "Paul Linderburg" 1961 Ferrari Formula kit, manufactured in 1964. Paid $200 for it, and it was by no means a top shelf offering like Cox, Revell or Monogram. Couldn't resist the opportunity of buying a relic of the slot car past...

Certainly was a blast from the past seeing those "Checkpoint" assessories labels and also the distribution through the Auckland Slot Car Centre of the legendary "Pit Stop" in the Regent Theatre Buildings. Brought back some pretty "groovy" memories. Thanks again Milan